Mimousa Trim Dash Kit

Just curious if anyones ever gotten one of their wood-trim packages and if they were any good. It says it works with some kinda 3m tape, which to me sounds kinda tacky and cheap. The 19-piece set does look pretty good and detailed in the pics, but the 450 pound red headed, McDonalds eating, who with every footstep will make you wonder if at any moment a fat marshmellow foot is gonna appear through your ceiling, mammoth of a woman, upstairs neighbor probably looks decent in some pics too. For $200 it better be more than just colored construction paper!

PS. Sorry if I offended anyone, I've been holding that in WAY too long incase you didn't notice :P

Just curious if anyones ever gotten one of their wood-trim packages and if they were any good. It says it works with some kinda 3m tape, which to me sounds kinda tacky and cheap. The 19-piece set does look pretty good and detailed in the pics, but the 450 pound red headed, McDonalds eating, who with every footstep will make you wonder if at any moment a fat marshmellow foot is gonna appear through your ceiling, mammoth of a woman, upstairs neighbor probably looks decent in some pics too. For $200 it better be more than just colored construction paper!

PS. Sorry if I offended anyone, I've been holding that in WAY too long incase you didn't notice :P

So glad you were finally able to get that off your chest!...and I hope she doesn't land on it some day 21704sidesplit-1.gif Hahaha!!

Toys is right - I think they all use double-sided tape to attach to your vehicle. As for the quality...who knows. If you decide to go for it, be sure to post some pics.

P.S. You aren't the only one with a fear of "falling objects". I have the same situation here. Every time the woman above me takes a step the floorboards creak and groan like she's about to drop right through my ceiling!! ohsnap1.gif

What really bothers me is that her bathroom is directly above my bedroom. When I hear her tub being filled late at night, I break out in a cold sweat! I mean - just how much weight can a 3' x 6' section of flooring withstand before it collapses? Water weighs alot by itself but then add several hundred lbs of woman and....Look OUT!!! jawdrop.gif

Just wondering - does home insurance usually cover things like falling fat people, or maybe that's what earthquake insurance is for....:whistles:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! You know, we should start a support group for victims like us. There are days I struggle to keep going knowing that all my efforts could be thwarted at any moment by beached whale collapsing through my ceiling...sigh...

And yes, I too constantly hear the creaks and moans of the floorboards above me as if they were begging for me to put them out of their misery! Poor boards

I got your back and feel you on the tub situation Lexucan, just hang in there, be strong, and invest in a sturdy helmet!

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting one of those kits in the coming weeks. I'll definitely have to post some pics of the before and after so anyone else who might be interested will know what they're getting theirselves into

I got a kit from those @#$%Trim it's crap, in the pic it looks good but when you get them you realize right away that it's a joke. The problem is you can return them but there is 30% overstock charge; they guys who sell them are very crappy too.

I wonder how could people get away with such dishonestness?

There is nothing like factory stuff. and, Lexus is a good car to be contaminated with these fake plastics.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! You know, we should start a support group for victims like us. There are days I struggle to keep going knowing that all my efforts could be thwarted at any moment by beached whale collapsing through my ceiling...sigh...

And yes, I too constantly hear the creaks and moans of the floorboards above me as if they were begging for me to put them out of their misery! Poor boards

I got your back and feel you on the tub situation Lexucan, just hang in there, be strong, and invest in a sturdy helmet!

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting one of those kits in the coming weeks. I'll definitely have to post some pics of the before and after so anyone else who might be interested will know what they're getting theirselves into

A support group sounds like a great idea. I wonder if LOC would mind us starting a new forum subsection called "LOST: FOFFP" or in longer form - Lexus Owners Support Team: Fear Of Falling Fat People...

As far as self protection is concerned, I don't think just a helmet is going to cut it. I'm thinking more along the lines of a steel cage over my bed. The helmet might be good for watching tv or eating dinner during which times I would probably be able to duck out of the way of falling debris, but when I'm asleep in bed, I want some assurance that I'm not going to end up buried alive under 400 lbs of wet blubber when she and the tub come crashing through the ceiling. With any luck, she'd bounce off the top of the cage and go right out my bedroom window. :rolleyes: If not, it's going to be a very messy clean-up! :whistles: