How To Tell If Motor Mounts Need Replacing

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys I replaced the dog bone mount about 8 months ago and need to know how I can tell if I need to replace the other mounts?

Were you having problems after replacing the front motor mount. If so check the air flow assembly from the air filter to the center of engine. If it has any holes or small rips it should be replaced. Look very closely at the rounded section while (moving it!) around. If you notice tears or rips it maybe letting eccess air into you intake affecting you response. If it has to be replaced it is a toyota parts containing the same number as the lexus part, but cost less money. Call around to toyota dealerships to get the best price. One other thing I tied a plastic bag around the ripped section, make sure it doesn't get burned or caught up on anything. Take your car around the block, you should instantly know the deal. car jerking at start offs, slow speeds and in lower gears almost certainly denotes motor mounts.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys I replaced the dog bone mount about 8 months ago and need to know how I can tell if I need to replace the other mounts?

Were you having problems after replacing the front motor mount. If so check the air flow assembly from the air filter to the center of engine. If it has any holes or small rips it should be replaced. Look very closely at the rounded section while (moving it!) around. If you notice tears or rips it maybe letting eccess air into you intake affecting you response. If it has to be replaced it is a toyota parts containing the same number as the lexus part, but cost less money. Call around to toyota dealerships to get the best price. One other thing I tied a plastic bag around the ripped section, make sure it doesn't get burned or caught up on anything. Take your car around the block, you should instantly know the deal. car jerking at start offs, slow speeds and in lower gears almost certainly denotes motor mounts.

I just replaced the Dog bone mount and the front canister looking mount but am curious how hard it is to do the rear one(s)? Are there two of them, or just one? Can anyone direct me towards some posts on that, or how any info for me??

Thanks

95 ES300

• 3 weeks later...

With the engine running you lift up the hood and have someone hold the brake pedal down and you shift into drive, have them step on the gas. If the engine lifts up significantly chances are your

lower motor mounts are bad.

With the engine running you lift up the hood and have someone hold the brake pedal down and you shift into drive, have them step on the gas. If the engine lifts up significantly chances are your

lower motor mounts are bad.

Godfather this is the best suggestion from Butch003. Good tip!

Lexlogic