Bluetooth Phone Book Uploading

mysc430onli

Hi all....

Sprint is my phone provider and I have a Sanyo Katana cell phone. I was able to activate the phone but have not been able to load my phone book. Has anyone had any luck? If not, can I manually put my numbers in the phone book?

My car is a 2005 SC430.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi all....

Sprint is my phone provider and I have a Sanyo Katana cell phone. I was able to activate the phone but have not been able to load my phone book. Has anyone had any luck? If not, can I manually put my numbers in the phone book?

My car is a 2005 SC430.

Doesnt it tell you how to do it in the user manual?!?!

And HOTT Lexy!!

I'm trying to get a NY meet going...interested?

I'm sure by now you have figured this out, but I just had to do this on my wifes 07 using her i880 Nextel. On her phone I had to go to each individual contact, then press menu, then choose to send via bluetooth. In the car I had to push the info button, go to phone, then settings. On the second settings screen there is a button to update phone book, the next screen you push add, and in my case the numbers transferred.

Thanks so much for your responses. Believe it or not I didn't figure it out and gave up. I read the manual so many times and just couldn't upload the address book from my Katana phone to the car's bluetooth.

After reading your response, I tried again and I was able to load the address book. It was a little different from your Nextel but your instructions helped a great deal

I did all names from the address book at one time but for some reason only one of the phone numbers listed under each name got in.

I wish I could remember the difference for uploading the Katana from the Nextel that you mentioned, so I could put it here for others but I don't remember what it was. :(

Thanks again for all your great instructions. It was very helpful.

MissSC430

I'm sure by now you have figured this out, but I just had to do this on my wifes 07 using her i880 Nextel. On her phone I had to go to each individual contact, then press menu, then choose to send via bluetooth. In the car I had to push the info button, go to phone, then settings. On the second settings screen there is a button to update phone book, the next screen you push add, and in my case the numbers transferred.

I had the same problem with getting just one number to upload per contact. It seems to grab the home phone if available. If you only have a mobile phone in your address book it will take that, but trying to store multiple phones for one contact did not transfer.

Glad I could help.

Hi all....

My car is a 2005 SC430.

HI I have a 2005 sc430 same car . When i bought it I bought a motorola razor V3. I also had to upload one entry at a time . I spoke to lexus techj support many times and they told me that the gen 4 system I had at the time i bought the car was only designed to work in this way . That you could not upload your entire address book from a cell phone . If things have changed which I dont think so . I believe there is no phone you can get that will upload the entire adrress book. The only bonus if there is one . If you pair up another brand cell phone to your sc 430 it will be able to use the address book that you created from the former cell phone . I have tested this and it works . I have a garmin zumo mototrcycle-car gps. It uploaded the entire address book from my razor to the garmin. It does this evrytime you power the zumo up and it finds your cell phone and uploads the address book evrytime.

I think the technology of 2005 was no where near what we have today. I am not framiliar with gen 5 and its capabilitys . Howver I still think the address book is the same issue on the new sc430.

Buddy