2001 Is300 Sound System

mzmzg

I believe my stock amp is not working. I was wondering if anyone knows how to replace them. You know, where it's located, what I'll need, and whatever else. I have found some replacements but just don't know how to do the work myself. Also if anyone knows what the specs are on that particular amp, it would be very helpful. Thanks

I believe my stock amp is not working. I was wondering if anyone knows how to replace them. You know, where it's located, what I'll need, and whatever else. I have found some replacements but just don't know how to do the work myself. Also if anyone knows what the specs are on that particular amp, it would be very helpful. Thanks

Crutchfield.com is a great source. You can input your car info, and they will tell you what fits, and include step by step instructions with the order.

I didn't do anything to the Lexus, but have used them for other previous cars. Great customer service too.

The amp is located under the dash next to the glove box on the passenger side. The amp is about about the size of a sandwich with air cooling fins on it. If you want a stock replacement I would look on ebay for it. I have replaced the whole sound system in my IS 300, but I don't know that I want to part with any of it yet as I may want to reinstall it if I sell the car later. If you want to see the system I installed go to Dream Ride in this forum.