Keyless Remote Entry Defective

I have a 2000 GS400. To lock the doors, I have to press the keyless remote 3 - 6 times. I just put a fresh battery in the key. Any ideas / suggestions pls.

I bought a key for my 2004 IS300 from a company called US AUTO LOCK, The price was good and service was even better. I think their website is http://usautolock.com I still have the business card this is the toll free number 1-800-545-4713.

You may also want to clean the battery terminals!

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 2000 GS400. To lock the doors, I have to press the keyless remote 3 - 6 times. I just put a fresh battery in the key. Any ideas / suggestions pls.

Take the key apart and clean the contacts, Also make sure there is nothing like (dust/grime) between the button and contacts.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2003 GS 430 with an intermitent remote door lock problem. At times the remote feature will not work at all. I have noticed that the problem seems to originate when the car is placed in gear and the doors are supposed to lock themselves at some point. When this works normally I will have no problem locking the doors remotely when I leave the vehicle. Sometimes, however, the driver's side door manual lock does not rotate to the fully locked position. When this happens, I cannot remotely lock any of the doors - there is no beep or any indication of a remote function. To alleviate the problem, I have taken to cycling the manual door lock on the driver's side door after departing in the car. I believe that someone's suggestion that this may be do to a weak spring in the door locking mechanism is consistent with what I have observed. I do not know if replacing the spring independently from the door lock mechanism is possible.