1995 Es300

I have a 95 ES300 and can't seem to find a repair manual for it. I need some help changing out the light bulbs on the rear assembly. I also need help with my cd changer, it wont eject the cartrige for some reason, and need some help with removal of it, and how I might go about fixing it.

I have some lights going out on the insrument cluster, as well as the stereo and a/c control, I am not sure how to change these, either.

THANKS!!!

You should be able to download the Factory Service Manual from the post-its on the top of the forum. To replace tail light bulbs, take off the black plastic thing that surrounds the trunk hatch, then unhook the carpet and pull it off the trunk walls. There should be some nuts on the back wall of the trunk, unscrew those with a small wrench. After you have removed those you should be able to just pull the tail light housing out of the car. From there you can just remove the bulbs from the housing, hope this helps!

Lexucan has written a DIY for replacing the lights on the instrument cluster and the radio and a/c, check his personal page for it. Its easy and cheap, replacing the whole cluster could cost you around $100-$150.

You should be able to download the Factory Service Manual from the post-its on the top of the forum. To replace tail light bulbs, take off the black plastic thing that surrounds the trunk hatch, then unhook the carpet and pull it off the trunk walls. There should be some nuts on the back wall of the trunk, unscrew those with a small wrench. After you have removed those you should be able to just pull the tail light housing out of the car. From there you can just remove the bulbs from the housing, hope this helps!

Lexucan has written a DIY for replacing the lights on the instrument cluster and the radio and a/c, check his personal page for it. Its easy and cheap, replacing the whole cluster could cost you around $100-$150.

Thank You so much!!

$150 was starting to sound really worth it

• 2 years later...

Just did my tail lights for my dad's 96 es300. Thanks to this rooms help! Who would think it would be this involved. But I did find a few things that were not that well explained, so here is my experience on HOW TOO...

1. Open trunk duh...as one guy said...then clean it out. Another said you don't have to clean it out...well it depends on how much stuff is in there! As you work...I put everything on top of the CD changer for safe keeping.

2. PLASTIC TRUNK CAP COVER: Controversy here on the plastic that runs over the top of the trunk deck to remove or not. I discovered that it does not need to be completely pulled off. But you do have to pop the ends up on each side to get to a plastic Phillips head screw looking plug holding the top of the carpet. A bit scary but it will pop up with a steady pull.

3. PLASTIC "SCREWS": The plastic plugs in the carpet on the trunk deck (that you have to take down to get to the bulbs) are a trip. They look like a Phillips screw with a compression ring. THEY ARE NOT! You can take a Phillips screw driver and give them a 1/4 turn that seems to loosen them but turning any more is a waist of time. Once it comes loose a bit take a regular driver and carefully pry the "screw" out... you will find it is a plug with a flared end with the Phillips head on the other. The "compression ring" part has a four prong pieces that swells when the "screw" piece is pushed into it. It is really hard to remove or install with it all together. When replacing push the "compression" ring part in first then push in the "screw" part. You will find 3 of these on the top of the carpet. On the bottom is two plastic caps at either end. They just pull off and snap back on.

4. TRUNK LIGHT: The trunk light on mine had two prongs to snap it into the body. Someone must have been there before because one was busted off so I can't really tell you how it comes out because once the carpet was lose it came down with the carpet. The clips are on right/left/center so you might be able to push one with a small screw driver if it is stuck and won't move. Other wise you will probably brake it like mine was. I'm still working to put the lens cover back on!

5. BOLTS: 2 on each side are under the side flap of carpeting...just pull it out and look behind it...you will see them. I found 5 nuts on each side. Four 8mm and one 10mm each. The thread part is screwed securely into the light assembly. I had no problem using an open end wrench(s) to get at them. 1/4 turn and the nuts spun off by hand. Gently push on the thread parts to make the tail light move and ease it out. There is a plastic clip holding the wires and it is easy to pull it free allowing you to lift the assembly up to the top of the trunk deck to work on it. Nice if you have 4 hands but not necessary.

6. BULB SOCKETS: All the sockets take a 1/4 turn and pull out. They only go in and out one way so that is easy. Push twist the light bulbs out and in. You will need 4-168's 4-1156 4-1157 to do both sides. Obviously replace them as they come out so as not to mess up like one guy did forcing an 1156 in a 1157 hole. Not a good thing to do.

Anyway...thanks to the room here it was not as bad as I thought it would