Need Opinions On Front End Vibration

Hey folks!

I have a question regarding a front-end vibration that I am experiencing. Some quick background info:

1) 2006 GS300 - 17,000 miles

2) Vibration first started at about 10,000 miles. The vibration only occurs briefly when I let off of the gas between 70-75 MPH. Vechicle is smooth as glass when I keep gentle pressure on gas at that speed.

3) Replaced original Dunlop's (those tires were terrible) with Michelin Pilot Exalto's at 15,000 miles. Had front end re-aligned and tires road force balanced at time. Vibration would still occur when I let off of the gas between 70-75 MPH. No vibration if I maintained that speed.

4) Had front end re-aligned and tires road force balanced again. Same result.

5) Took vehicle to local Lexus service shop to diagnose. They are claiming it is the tires (feathering/cupping on inside of tires). I can't feel or see what they are talking about.

Does this seem legit? I just find it hard to believe that two uniques sets of tires can show the exact symptoms, especially with the newer Michellin's after driving out of the tire shop.

Any suggestions?

Any history of hitting a curb, pot-hole or debris by you or any other driver? With 17k miles, I wouldn't suspect worn components. Also, did you get the steering repair? I'm still sitting on a recall notice and not totally sure of the details.

Hey folks!

I have a question regarding a front-end vibration that I am experiencing. Some quick background info:

1) 2006 GS300 - 17,000 miles

2) Vibration first started at about 10,000 miles. The vibration only occurs briefly when I let off of the gas between 70-75 MPH. Vechicle is smooth as glass when I keep gentle pressure on gas at that speed.

3) Replaced original Dunlop's (those tires were terrible) with Michelin Pilot Exalto's at 15,000 miles. Had front end re-aligned and tires road force balanced at time. Vibration would still occur when I let off of the gas between 70-75 MPH. No vibration if I maintained that speed.

4) Had front end re-aligned and tires road force balanced again. Same result.

5) Took vehicle to local Lexus service shop to diagnose. They are claiming it is the tires (feathering/cupping on inside of tires). I can't feel or see what they are talking about.

Does this seem legit? I just find it hard to believe that two uniques sets of tires can show the exact symptoms, especially with the newer Michellin's after driving out of the tire shop.

Any suggestions?

I let a buddy of mine drive my GS. Little did I know he hit the curb once he returned my car. Ever since then I had these vibrations. If the vibration is occurring when the gas is released it has to be something in the front wheels. I'd get the front wheels checked out because one of mine was bent. If you pay around $60, a shop could straighten out your wheels.

Hope that helps.