Turbo Es300 1993

DJamal

I got tired of looking for performance parts for my 1993 ES300 automatic. Since I could not find any, I decided the best way to get more performance out of the engine and keep it running like stock was to put a turbo charger on it. So I did.

Does anyone know the gear ratio and final drive of the 1993 ES300 4 speed automatic?

My grilfriend will take pics of the turbo this week end.

I used a Garrett turbo that has an .70 Compressor A/R and an .63 exhaust A/R at frist. This turbo made power, but it was to high in the engine rpm range. So I am using a Garrett turbo that has an .60 A/R on the compressor and an .48 A/R on the exhaust side of the turbo. This turbo makes the power in the lower rpm. The car is quicker and faster in the range that the car is used on he street( I am not trying to make a race car).

I am using a Holley Superchager fuel pressure regulator P/N 512-505. This regulator increase the fuel pressure as the boost go up. This makes the fuel infector put out more fuel.

Here is a picture that I said I would have of the turbo. I have heat shield that covers the turbo, but took it off so that you can view the turbo. This set-up is strictly home made. I did not use a kit to install the turbo.

I am currently looking into re-programming the transmission computer so that it will hold the gears longer between shifts. I believe that will give a lot more performance to the car. Anyone have any ideas!

Jamal

post-7-1062960848.jpg

interesting

there is guy up here who has one on his 94 camry

but the turbo is further back in the exhuast flow from what i have heard

have you dyno tuned it or just run to see its numbers

any internal changes to strengthen it up

it does sound nice though

i preferthe older steel block engine if it is going to be turbo'd as the guy up here( tony the tiger)

has just blown his engine,he blew the tranyy 6 months ago also but sent it to level 10 to get upgraded

what did the set up run $

actually would like to see the piping and if you ran an intercooler

when ever you have time for a pic

as it is a pic that people would love to see ,rather than a bone stock car in the pic gallery

nice work by the way

yea i noticed on the web site it wasnt ready for the es yet.im just wondering what the price will be for it.if i was to put out money like that i would really like a supercharger more then a turbo but hell if i could find a supercharger so next best thing would be the turbo i guess!

well the guy who said he knows is !Removed! is full of !Removed!

i talkd to the old school toyota guys and they have all mentioned

the cars he said he worked on

no one else has ever seen any of them or a pic atleast

so he is full of it and so called been working on it for years

so this dud is a waste of time

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
my 97 es300 will go the redline before it shifts sometimes, its nice, now I need a turbo so I can beat the other cars out there. Dont you love how you can smoke a little turbo civic without a turbo in yours. lol

Sorry, I know this has been dead for a month, but I came across this and it is legit and very real. I have contacted and have been in conversations with the creator.

http://www.boosthead.com

operates on your electrical system!

He recommended one that moves 550cfm of air. His prices seem very reasonable.