Overdrive Light (o/d) Stays Off!

Just got a New SC400 WITH 118K MILES, MY O/D LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON, EVEN THOUGH THE SWITCH IS DEPRESSED

THE SWITCH DOES NOT STAY IN, WHEN DEPRESSED, IT COMES RIGHT OUT, EVEN WHEN THE SWITCH IS PUSHED AND HELD IN, LIGHT DOES NOT CONE ON

NOTE: THE LIGHT IS NOT FLASHING BUT DOES NOT COME ON EITHER ON THE DASH

PLEASE HELP - ANY ADVICE??? MAYBE SWITCH?

Just got a New SC400 WITH 118K MILES, MY O/D LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON, EVEN THOUGH THE SWITCH IS DEPRESSED

THE SWITCH DOES NOT STAY IN, WHEN DEPRESSED, IT COMES RIGHT OUT, EVEN WHEN THE SWITCH IS PUSHED AND HELD IN, LIGHT DOES NOT CONE ON

NOTE: THE LIGHT IS NOT FLASHING BUT DOES NOT COME ON EITHER ON THE DASH

PLEASE HELP - ANY ADVICE??? MAYBE SWITCH?

I actually meant to say it does not go "OFF" the switch is just sitting in the OFF position

Check the switch first of all. To do so you have to remove the shifter. With the car off pull the ebrake. Then use the shifter release lock and put it into a gear like Neutral. Carefully pull down the plastic piece at the base of the shifter. It should reveal 2 screws. Remove the 2 screws and you should be able to pull off your shifter. Now carefully pry off the O/D button with a small flathead or something similar. Once you have the button off, you have to remove the inner part which contains the spring that controls if the button stays on/off. Be gentle when removing the inner part because the button is kind of delicate. Also, do not lose the spring on the inside of the button as it will be hard to replace. Keep in mind of how everything was so that you can re-install it w/o issues.