Bridgestone (original) Tires

I found that the original tires that come with the IS, namely Bridgestone Potenza, are quite noisy. Has anyone changed tires to something that gives a quieter kind of life?

I previously used Michelin Pilot Primacy on VW Passat and the tires were very quiet. I am thinking about using this type or Michelin Pilot XGT. (None of these have the Z rating of the Potenza, of course)

Any experience sharing or suggestion?

My Australian delivered IS250 came with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, which I am finding very quiet compared to the Bridgestone GIII's I had on my Subaru Liberty/Legacy.

It may have something to do with the extra soundproofing, but I have no complaints with the Dunlops.

Some of the tires mentioned by Tire Rack as low in noise and high in confort:

Kumho Ecsta KH11 (all season)

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S (the quietest, all season)

Sumitomo HTR 200 (summer tire)

Yokohama ADVAN S.4.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position (ultra high perf all season)

and the best ones for noise AND handling:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position

Some of the tires mentioned by Tire Rack as low in noise and high in confort:

Kum ...

... sition

Thanks for the information.

However, I am not totally convinced by their ways of comparing tires. For example, they tested 50% profile tires on 17" wheels with 55% profile tires on 16" wheels. Of course you will get different handling characteristics and noise levels in such comparison. You will get the differences even with tires of different sizes of the same tire-type from the same brand.

Moreover, handling characteristics are different with different cars due to the interaction of the tires with the suspension geometry, the steering settings etc. The same is true of noise as the cars with different suspension types and noise isolation techniques may amplify or subdue the noise generated by the tires (I am only interested in interior noise, not exterior noise. Tire Rack uses a BMW 330ci for testing, which has less sound proofing than Lexus. ). So I would like to depend more on actual Lexus owners' :cheers: experience.

I found that the original tires that come with the IS, namely Bridgestone Potenza, are quite noisy. Has anyone changed tires to something that gives a quieter kind of life?

I previously used Michelin Pilot Primacy on VW Passat and the tires were very quiet. I am thinking about using this type or Michelin Pilot XGT. (None of these have the Z rating of the Potenza, of course)

Any experience sharing or suggestion?

I switched to Toyo T1-R and they're much quieter than the OEM fitted Bridgestone Potenza.