Water Gurgling Noise Behind Stereo?

• 1 month later...
Hi I have a 1999 GS400 with about 89000 miles and I have a water gurgling noise my behind stereo what could it be?

Were you able to eliminate this noise? I have the same gurgling noise when I accelerate...from the driver seat, I thought it was my right front tire picking up rocks as I took off, but when I inspected closer, the sound is coming from behind the stereo...I took it to Lexus, and of course it did not make the noise for the service writer. The writers had never heard of this noise before.

Did this problem get fixed?

Sounds like water trapped in the heater core. Remove the radiator cap and warm up the engine, heater on with a funnel in the radiator to purge out the air

i had the same issue and this is also what i was advised to do and it fixed it as well.

• 4 months later...
Sounds like water trapped in the heater core. Remove the radiator cap and warm up the engine, heater on with a funnel in the radiator to purge out the air

i had the same issue and this is also what i was advised to do and it fixed it as well.

I'm having the same issue EXCEPT the car did get hot almost to the red H- I just bought the car (used) and im not sure if its related, How Do you know when the air is purged out?

I'm having the same issue EXCEPT the car did get hot almost to the red H- I just bought the car (used) and im not sure if its related, How Do you know when the air is purged out?

Maybe you're justy niling...

use floor jack and lift the front of the vehicle as high as u can(front only), then open your radiator cap and add some coolant(MAKE SURE ENGINE IS COLD!!!!!!!!). after you fill you radiator replace the cap, warm up your car and check if problem still exist. what you doing is gravity forcing coolant into your heater core and eliminating air pockets that you car may have. let me know if this work. MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS IN PARK AND YOUR E-BRAKE APPLIED.