Scuff Marks On The Interior...

Hey there, new poster here. I own an 07 IS250, and the interior tends to scuff like all heck. I previously had a ES330, where the interior was designed of some faux leather/rubber. This material seemed really resistant to basic scuffing. The IS250 is a different case... any time my foot drags against the door as I'm exiting the car (which isnt often,) massive scuff marks ensue. My interior is black, if that helps any. It just seems to me that whatever material theyre using for the interior really needs to be babied... to the point where the slightest bump or grind leads to a permanent scuff. I've tried wiping down the marks numerous times, with basic cleaning detergents, and even had my Lexus dealer try and get them out, all to no success. Any suggestions as to how to remove these scuffs? Thanks much.

Hey there, new poster here. I own an 07 IS250, and the interior tends to scuff like all heck. I previously had a ES330, where the interior was designed of some faux leather/rubber. This material seemed really resistant to basic scuffing. The IS250 is a different case... any time my foot drags against the door as I'm exiting the car (which isnt often,) massive scuff marks ensue. My interior is black, if that helps any. It just seems to me that whatever material theyre using for the interior really needs to be babied... to the point where the slightest bump or grind leads to a permanent scuff. I've tried wiping down the marks numerous times, with basic cleaning detergents, and even had my Lexus dealer try and get them out, all to no success. Any suggestions as to how to remove these scuffs? Thanks much.

I've also tried without success. My scuff marks on the center console from when I click my seatbelt on. I chalk it up to bad aim.

I've also tried without success. My scuff marks on the center console from when I click my seatbelt on. I chalk it up to bad aim.

And here I'm thinking I was the only one :P

I was actually going to post this same topic, but you beat me to it! I have the same problem in the same place (my interior is also black). Upon close examination, it doesn't look like the existing scuff marks can be cleaned or rubbed out. It appears that the plastic is actually damaged or slightly worn down. I've tried using Armor All and similar products, but the marks are still there. I'm only hoping that these products will help prevent future scuffs since there will be less friction when my foot drags against the door. bartkat, what exactly is Lexol? Is it substantially different from Armor All or is it a similar product? Is it only available at a Lexus dealership?

I was actually going to post this same topic, but you beat me to it! I have the same problem in the same place (my interior is also black). Upon close examination, it doesn't look like the existing scuff marks can be cleaned or rubbed out. It appears that the plastic is actually damaged or slightly worn down. I've tried using Armor All and similar products, but the marks are still there. I'm only hoping that these products will help prevent future scuffs since there will be less friction when my foot drags against the door. bartkat, what exactly is Lexol? Is it substantially different from Armor All or is it a similar product? Is it only available at a Lexus dealership?

I got a Lexol kit (not related to Lexus) based on recommendations from other owners. It has a leather cleaner, a leather conditioner, and a plastic/vinyl cleaner and conditioner. I like it because it doesn't add shine to surfaces and is supposed to be better for the materials than Armorall. I also use it on all the rubber seals under the hood, around the doors, and around the trunk every 6 months to keep them from drying out.

Here's the kit I got.

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/lx1212.html

I too have the black interior in my is350. I am using Maguire's interior detail spray and it have been doing a great job of getting light scuff marks out of the doors, and other interior surfaces. I use it with a microfiber cloth with great results.