Emergency Lights Going Off

tofu

Hello,

My wife 2001 IS300 is going nuts. This afternoon she called and said that the emergency lights on her IS300 is blinking by themselves and she could not turn it off with the switch. I thought maybe the alarm system is activated so I told her to unlock and lock the car but won't help. So I told her to turn on the car and the emergency lights went off but as soon as she turns the ignition key off and the emergency lights are blinking again, it is weird but the switch seems to be working fine when the ignition switch is turned on she could turn the emergency lights on and off, but ther switch would not respond when the ignition key if off.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?? Could be the blinker is bad??

Never heard that one before but it sounds like there probably is a fault in the alarm system. You can reset the ECU system by disconnecting the negative (black) wire from the battery for about 10 minutes and then reconnect. If that doesn't work try a new battery in the remote key fob.

Never heard that one before but it sounds like there probably is a fault in the alarm system. You can reset the ECU system by disconnecting the negative (black) wire from the battery for about 10 minutes and then reconnect. If that doesn't work try a new battery in the remote key fob.

The remote key seems to be working fine. But I will try by disconnecting the car battery. Thanx.

Tried what you said didn't work at all so I decided to replace the turn signal flasher relay myself and that fixed it, the relay cost about $52.