Oil And Filter Change

Check out the "General Maintenance" forum on this website. Someone did an outstanding job of pictures and arrows to describe an oil and filter change for an RX330. He went through a lot of effort and thought. The RX350 should be nearly the same if not exactly the same.

I intend to use the post when I get to do my own oil & filter thing at 10K miles.

can anyone provide a step-by-sep instructions including pictures if available how to change oil and oilf filter for rx 350... what tools will i need for the job? thanks...

It's really easy. Although I don't have pics here is what I recommend:

1. Purchase the oil filter from the dealer. BION, it is actually cheaper than 3rd party part stores. It comes with an oil filter, gasket for oil filter cap, gasket for small oil filter cap, small plastic oil drain valve, and metal gasket for drain plug.

2. Also purchase a 16mm cap to remove the oil filter cap. If the parts department does not have it, ask to speak to a service technician, they can show you what it looks like as well as show the part # for the parts person to order it for you.

Oil change process:

1. I use mobil 1 synthetic 5/30

2. Loosen oil drain plug to drain oil from bottom of car

3. Toward the right bottom front of the care, remove 2 screws to reveal the oil filter cap.

4. Remove the coin like screw and now use a good amount of force to insert the clearish plastic oil drain valve (from the oil filter box) into the hole in order to drain the excess oil from the cap. There is directions in the oil filter box.

5. After the oil drains out, take the 16mm cap to remove the filter cap.

Note: you can skip step 4, but you will have some oil leaking all over the bottom of the car.

6. The rest should be pretty easy to put back together.

Good luck. Let me know if you need more info.

can anyone provide a step-by-sep instructions including pictures if available how to change oil and oilf filter for rx 350... what tools will i need for the job? thanks...

It's really easy. Although I don't have pics here is what I recommend:

1. Purchase the oil filter from the dealer. BION, it is actually cheaper than 3rd party part stores. It comes with an oil filter, gasket for oil filter cap, gasket for small oil filter cap, small plastic oil drain valve, and metal gasket for drain plug.

2. Also purchase a 16mm cap to remove the oil filter cap. If the parts department does not have it, ask to speak to a service technician, they can show you what it looks like as well as show the part # for the parts person to order it for you.

Oil change process:

1. I use mobil 1 synthetic 5/30

2. Loosen oil drain plug to drain oil from bottom of car

3. Toward the right bottom front of the care, remove 2 screws to reveal the oil filter cap.

4. Remove the coin like screw and now use a good amount of force to insert the clearish plastic oil drain valve (from the oil filter box) into the hole in order to drain the excess oil from the cap. There is directions in the oil filter box.

5. After the oil drains out, take the 16mm cap to remove the filter cap.

Note: you can skip step 4, but you will have some oil leaking all over the bottom of the car.

6. The rest should be pretty easy to put back together.

Good luck. Let me know if you need more info.

Newbie here....thanks for the info idoc. I did this on my RX350 and had a question about the "grooves" where the coin like screw goes into. I noticed there was a slight opening or valley at one section. I thought I may have chipped it but it looked too finished and intentional. I don't know how I could anyhow because the tools don't touch that area. Any help or comment on this would be appreciated. BTW, the 65mm slips so I could not tighten up filter cap very good. I think I will need to go buy the SST b/c if engine is running I can dab some oil from the filter cap housing.