2002 Ls 430 Side Mirrors Not Retracting Properly

NausetDog

Hi All,

Sorry for the dupliacte post, I forgot to turn on my reply email notification!

My 2002 Lexus left/drivers side mirror isn't folding inwards properly when I have set on auto and turn the car off. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it only partially folds in. Is this something I can fix myself?

Thanks,

NausetDog

ellismr@charter.net

Very simple, Silicone spray the black rubber around the mirrors, at the base,every year. Works like a charm. :whistles:

Great Tip ! I have had this intermittent problem.

thanks, i'll get a silicon spray today!!

Maybe I didn't explain properly, or I misunderstand your fix. The mirrors themselves adjust just fine. The thing that's not working is the entire mirror housing itself isn't folding in when I push the switch on the dash to the left of the streeing wheel. They get hung up when set to automatic & I turn the key off, and also when I push the switch to manually fold them both in. Does your silicone spray fix solve this problem,? Does the spray have to get behind the mirrors so it gets into the retracting motor gears? Also I'm told that silicone breaks down rubber as opposed to using 303 Aerospace Protectant which I use on my rubber door, hood and trunk gaskets gaskets.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?...uct_ID=428spray

I want to make sure I don't fix one problem & create another one!

Very simple, Silicone spray the black rubber around the mirrors, at the base,every year. Works like a charm. :whistles: