Re-design Of Rx350 In '09?

Is there a major re-design of the RX350 planned for 2009? I can not wait until next year to get a car and not sure I want to get an RX350 if there is a big change planned for 2009...I believe I recall reading that the '09 will get a little bigger and allow for 3rd row seats, is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was just informed by a Lexus salesperson that the new RX won't come out until the 2010 model year. Can anyone confirm this? I wanted to wait for the new model...

I don't think that salesperson knows whats up!!! In fall the 09 will be shown in tokyo car show and spring of 09 it will be available here.

I was just informed by a Lexus salesperson that the new RX won't come out until the 2010 model year. Can anyone confirm this? I wanted to wait for the new model...

I don't think that salesperson knows whats up!!! In fall the 09 will be shown in tokyo car show and spring of 09 it will be available here.

I spoke with a guy who works in the Cambridge facility on the weekend. He is in the Toyota side (Corolla/Matrix). However, he told me the first teams of producton staff are off to Japan within weeks for initial training on assembling the new generation RX. He has seen pictures and there are differences, but he was not able to elaborate further. Production will commence this fall.

hehe, either the saleperson doesn't know whats going on, or he just wanted you to buy right then :)