How To Test Radiator Fan-?

ComingSoon

hi ..

im new to this website. i was wondering if anyone can help me to find out if my radiator fan is working.? seem like its not working. its a 91 ls400 . i try to test it by keeping the car on while it was on park and turn the ac to full and kept about for 2-3 min then pop the hood and saw its not working so please help me how to make sure thats its working or not. Thank you all !

pls follow this manual

hello

thank you for the help. however i was unable to troubleshot the fan.! i was wondering if there is anyother easy or short way to test the raditor fan.! i really thank you guys for the help in advance !

just to make sure that we are talking about the same thing, do you mean the 2 electric radiator fans just behind the horn and in front of the radiator?

if yes you can follow the manual to find the radiator fan connector, unplug them then using 2 wires to connect directly to your battery to see if they work (each fan at a time). it might e the easiest way to make sure those fans are still good

be sure you disconnect the negative (-) terminal of the battery before working on the car

by the way, is your car running hot? the water temp gauge should stay in the middle if normal, if higher your engine may be running into problem

just to make sure that we are talking about the same thing, do you mean the 2 electric radiator fans just behind the horn and in front of the radiator?

if yes you can follow the manual to find the radiator fan connector, unplug them then using 2 wires to connect directly to your battery to see if they work (each fan at a time). it might e the easiest way to make sure those fans are still good

be sure you disconnect the negative (-) terminal of the battery before working on the car

by the way, is your car running hot? the water temp gauge should stay in the middle if normal, if higher your engine may be running into problem

yes it is running slighty higher then middel very little. so i was thinking maybe ma electric fan is not kicking in at alll. so now tell please what should i look into or what could be the problem

Your temp gauge is perfectly normal. If you count the marks starting from the lowest mark (meaning count mark "C" as one), the needle should sit slightly above the 3rd mark on a hot summer day with A/C on sitting idle in traffic.

Your temp gauge is perfectly normal. If you count the marks starting from the lowest mark (meaning count mark "C" as one), the needle should sit slightly above the 3rd mark on a hot summer day with A/C on sitting idle in traffic.

ummm yes but my ac is never on another hand when i drive the car on highway around 60miles its comes back to exactly at the midddle level.! and by the way how come my radiator fans never comes on even when i drive for stright 1 hour or so or even i run the ac for couple of minute any idea ?.. when should the radiator fan kick in ?

• 4 weeks later...

Per the manual for a 1992...

This vehicle is equipped with two electric cooling fans to help cool the radiator. When the air conditioner compressor is operating, the fans operate slowly, and when the radiator temperature increases, the fans operate rapidly to help cool the engine.