Debadging A '93 Es300

DON'T DO IT! lol. FA22 and I tried to take off the "Lexus" and the "ES300" symbols from the back of his car. But to our dismay we found that there were holes and stuff under them! So, unless you have something to take place of the "Lexus" or "ES300" don't debadge it lol. Also, does anyone know if '96 taillights will fit on a '93? or do you guys know if any other years would fit?

Thanks,

Porkchop & FA22ChevelleSS

DON'T DO IT! lol. FA22 and I tried to take off the "Lexus" and the "ES300" symbols from the back of his car. But to our dismay we found that there were holes and stuff under them! So, unless you have something to take place of the "Lexus" or "ES300" don't debadge it lol. Also, does anyone know if '96 taillights will fit on a '93? or do you guys know if any other years would fit?

Yeah, I recently had my hood replaced due to an unfortunate little incident involving a Ford F-350 :censored:

Anyways, I saw the new hood before they painted it and it had three little holes in it for the Lexus "L" badge.

As far as I know, the taillights from the 1992 to 1996 ES300 should be interchangeable. The '93 has the ES300 badge on the right side taillight assembly. Not sure when they moved that up to the trunk lid.

Yeah what a F***ed up project this turned out to be, i feel stupid almost. Hey Lexucan i know how you feel. When trying to leave school, someone in a huge Ram 1500 backed right up into me, completely messing the whole front end up. :chairshot:

I'm going to the local junkyard soon to look for possibly another pair of tail lights to replaced my banged up suckers. Also, lexucan, I'm soon going to try fix my needles and backlighting with the help of your DIY, I reeeaaally hope i don't mess anything up.

Yeah what a F***ed up project this turned out to be, i feel stupid almost. Hey Lexucan i know how you feel. When trying to leave school, someone in a huge Ram 1500 backed right up into me, completely messing the whole front end up.:chairshot:

Ouch! I was at a car wash when I got hit. I had just pulled into a wash stall and turned the car off. I got out and opened the trunk to get my wash mitt out. My trunk lid was open and my head was down when all of a sudden my car lunged backwards, knocking me right off my feet! I thought some a$$ole had jumped in my car to steal it and was trying to run me over :censored: When I got to my feet again I realized it was a truck that had backed into the front end of my car. His trailer hitch punched a nice hole in my front bumper and crumpled the hood. $3,600 damage to my car :cries: and not a mark on his truck! He paid cash to get my car fixed so it wouldn't affect his insurance.

CrunchC.jpg

I'm going to the local junkyard soon to look for possibly another pair of tail lights to replaced my banged up suckers.

I've got a '93 driver's side taillight assembly for sale at a low price if you're interested. It has the harness attached. Just a small hole in the plastic on the side of the assembly next to the licence plate light. Hardly noticeable.

Also, lexucan, I'm soon going to try fix my needles and backlighting with the help of your DIY, I reeeaaally hope i don't mess anything up.

It's not a difficult DIY. You can do it in a day and it's CHEAP! :cheers:

If you need any more info about it just PM me.

Ack, that makes me cringe, poor Lexus. And poor you, sounds like that hurt, damn. But yeah, if i don't find any headlights around my area id love to take that tail light off your hands. :cheers:

And if i think I'm doing wrong with the needles, ill be sure to pm you fer any help, thanks a bunch!

Ack, that makes me cringe, poor Lexus. And poor you, sounds like that hurt, damn.

Yep, I had a bruised butt and scraped up leg and elbow for a couple of weeks but in retrospect I guess I got off lucky. I could have just as easily been bent over washing the front bumper when he decided to back up into me! Now THAT would really hurt! :cries: