Evap System

I have a 99 ES 300. It is getting multiple errors right now but I am getting an EVAP system error. It is telling me that there is a problem with my charcoal canister. I am pretty sure I need to replace the canister and EVAP solenoid.

Can someone tell me where the charoal canister and EVAP solenoid are located.

Also, where exactly is the fuel filter. The manual gave great directions for a 98 Lexus but said it was moved to behind the fuel tank on the 99 ES 300. It was pretty vague. Where is it exactly.

Thanks

refurb

If it is your Charcol Canister , It is still under warrenty With Lexus for 14 years or 150,000 miles from date of manufactor. I just had mine replaced for free 2 weeks ago , was getting a Check engine and trac light. Dont let them Bull Sh*t you about not being under warrenty. There Was a law suit filed with toyota over this and they have to replace them at no cost.

• 3 months later...

If it is your Charcol Canister , It is still under warrenty With Lexus for 14 years or 150,000 miles from date of manufactor. I just had mine replaced for free 2 weeks ago , was getting a Check engine and trac light. Dont let them Bull Sh*t you about not being under warrenty. There Was a law suit filed with toyota over this and they have to replace them at no cost.

[/quote

Sorry, hit the return button a little too quick. Thank you for the post. I just took my 97 ES300 into the dealer for what I think is the same problem. They are telling me it is the Evaporation Control Canister causing the check engine light. When I questioned them further they said it is the filter. Do you know if this sounds like the same issue you had?