Cigarette Lighter Not Working

mrencee

I was thinking more of splicing the wires if one is broken or diconnected.

urms... that is splicing... is there any instructions on how to do everything... my cig. lighter died a couple weeks ago... i am so going nuts because it's just not one ..it's the one inisde that little pocket box too...?? i seriously need help..don't know nothing about cars...and can't afford to take it to the shop if i could get instructions and find a friend to do it for me..?

Sometimes something metallic falls into the cig lighter socket and shorts it out. One guy found a dime in his. So be sure and check the fuse in the drivers kick panel first.

Sometimes the whole lighter socket pulls up when the ligher is removed, and the wires underneath get unplugged.

Here's a pic of how to pull up the shifter panel so you can see under the lighter.

shifterring.jpg

the chrome ring around your shifter is easy to remove, just stick a flat tool between the chrome ring and the plastic console and pry, I used a thin butter knife. the ring is connected and a part of the bottom of shelf, so the lighter and its components are attached- as well as the light components for the ashtray, this is the whole bottom shelf for the cubby.

cubby.jpg

had to turn the car on and shift into d (while holding the brakes) to completely remove the ring/shelf assembly

http://my.is/forums/f90/dissecting-interio...nt-pics-117217/

Sometimes something metallic falls into the cig lighter socket and shorts it out. One guy found a dime in his. So be sure and check the fuse in the drivers kick panel first.

Sometimes the whole lighter socket pulls up when the ligher is removed, and the wires underneath get unplugged.

Here's a pic of how to pull up the shifter panel so you can see under the lighter.

shifterring.jpg

the chrome ring around your shifter is easy to remove, just stick a flat tool between the chrome ring and the plastic console and pry, I used a thin butter knife. the ring is connected and a part of the bottom of shelf, so the lighter and its components are attached- as well as the light components for the ashtray, this is the whole bottom shelf for the cubby.

cubby.jpg

had to turn the car on and shift into d (while holding the brakes) to completely remove the ring/shelf assembly

http://my.is/forums/f90/dissecting-interio...nt-pics-117217/

thank you... thank you....

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a fuse is blown to me, usually caused by people leaving their phone charger in the damn thing all the time, then the wire comes into contact with something in the car, grounding the connector, blowing the fuse, just because the fuse looks good doesnt mean it tests good