Vsc Indicator/check Engine

BjCaleb

Hello all,

On Saturday I picked up my 1999 Lexus LS400 and the car is a great car with just 98k miles, that engine is a monster and hands down is the best engine made... :cheers:

Well, on Sunday, I took the car to a local Tire place to price new tires and get a "FREE" brake inspection. And everything checked out fine, the brakes are in great condition, new rotors and pads, I just have to apply more pressure then Im use to but I will get use to that...But when I get home I noticed the VSC light came on and on the dashboard it said "CHECK VSC"...I know it has to be related to the brake inspection...Any ideas? Did they mess up a sensor or do something wrong?

I followed the manual to reset it and it worked temporaily but now it is back on and I needed some feedback before I go to the dealership to pay this $100 for a diagnostic. :chairshot:

Hello all,

On Saturday I picked up my 1999 Lexus LS400 and the car is a great car with just 98k miles, that engine is a monster and hands down is the best engine made...:cheers:

Well, on Sunday, I took the car to a local Tire place to price new tires and get a "FREE" brake inspection. And everything checked out fine, the brakes are in great condition, new rotors and pads, I just have to apply more pressure then Im use to but I will get use to that...But when I get home I noticed the VSC light came on and on the dashboard it said "CHECK VSC"...I know it has to be related to the brake inspection...Any ideas? Did they mess up a sensor or do something wrong?

I followed the manual to reset it and it worked temporaily but now it is back on and I needed some feedback before I go to the dealership to pay this $100 for a diagnostic.:chairshot:

Your post's title says "check engine"...

If check engine is actually on then VSC is simply a default, fix the engine "fault" and the VSC will clear automatically.

So, WWest your saying I should have the Check Engine code pulled and have the code cleared and the VSC light will go away..?

Unless the VSC was on alone and/or before the engine check light, YES.

The Check Engine light came on first, then the VSC light came on second, today I am going to go to my mechanic and have him pull the code and clear and see if that takes care of the problem.

So, WWest your saying I should have the Check Engine code pulled and have the code cleared and the VSC light will go away..?

Unless the VSC was on alone and/or before the engine check light, YES.