New Owner Is350

hello!

bought my silver is350 almost 2 months ago and love it! paid 38k drive-out with level 2 package (includes heating/cool seats and 18in wheels)...yes i did mention this on another post but i thought i'd formally introduce myself :) it had 150 miles...i hope this will be a useful reference for ppl shopping for this car. i have to admit...i've had one salesperson laugh at my face at the price...but in the end...i got it >:)

atlanta, ga..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

somethings i wish i've done/discovered...

i had my windows tinted with a laminate...35 all around (legal tint for front windows in georgia) b'c i didnt want the ghetto look...but now i wish it was around 30. 20 is just too hoodie for me, and say no to the strip on the front windshield!

i should have gotten nav/bluetooth and the camera for reverse. getting atleast the level 3 package should have been a priority...so now i had a handheld tomtom which works well but its tricky finding a place for it that is convienent. when i do use it, i place mine on the center console between the front seats...a little distracting, you find urself looking down more than you should while u drive and it impairs shifting. bluetooth would be very convienent...

from what a few friends have told me...not to push a lexus until after 3 to 4k miles ("are you kidding, mike?! we aren't talkin about an american car here!!"). i've taken a "few" corners and did approach 120...but i'll take their advice and stop right there. btw, youtube has a few vids on the is350 racing, dyno'd and topspeed if anyone is interested.

on TWO occasions, i have left the ignition running for TWO hours thinking i both stopped the engine and locked the car up. once was during a thunderstorm and i rushed out and the other was when i parked next to a loud and running truck. in both cases i was quite a distance from the car and it ran the entire time even while i had the keys. trust me when i say the mpg isn't much better when the car just sits there and runs :D so dont be careless like me and make sure when u press the neat button that it really shuts the car off.

i'm glad i didnt get the mark levinson system...the car already comes with what..13 speakers? very sharp and very clear...unless you love going deaf listening to music (or feel the need to share with others around), you really cant hear a difference from low to mid range volume.

the brake dust is very annoying...i'm at 1200 miles and its not easing up at all. i plan to use the TSB probably within the next 15k miles.

i've never been so paranoid about parking next to cars until now...taking it to the drag strip almost frightens me b'c random people will just lean against ur car with their jeans...brass buttons people! c'mon!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Isn't that below MSRP???

If that price is real, boy did I ever get ripped off.

Got mine brand new, Premium Plus Package, Nav but no Levinson. I also got mats, locks the whole kit and kaboodle including XM radio. I paid 39k + tax which is 7% in NJ (and title).

Isn't that below MSRP???

Got mine brand new, Premium Plus Package, Nav but no Levinson. I also got mats, locks the whole kit and kaboodle including XM radio. I paid 39k + tax which is 7% in NJ (and title).

I'm not sure how the 350s are selling in the Northeast, but is any dealer getting MSRP these days? None of the 9 dealers I spoke to were demanding MSRP on the 250 AWD.

Isn't that below MSRP???

I'm not sure how the 350s are selling in the Northeast, but is any dealer getting MSRP these days? None of the 9 dealers I spoke to were demanding MSRP on the 250 AWD.

No, they are not asking for MSRP, but I priced mine out at Edmunds and the MSRP was over 42k, so I have no idea how this chap got his on the road for that price. By the time I was done with my car, it ws on the road for about 43k. (Remember, nearly 3k in sales tax).

I bought mine for $38,195.09 all included (yes, TTL included, tax is 6% down here) with premium package ($1,290, heated/ventilated front seats, wood trim and perf leather upgrade) 18" wheels ($720) , HID lamps with adaptive ($875).

I got an excellent deal, but I am sure it can be repeated. Especially if you are willing to add $500 to that price.

MSRP was $39,305.