Griot's Garage

But you guys are all talking about how good the Lexol smells, HHmm, I like the leather smell too. Is it at any auto part store?

It actually doesn't smell like anything to me, maybe the Griot's smells more leathery. I bought my Lexol at Advanced Auto Parts. The auto parts mass merchandisers have not sold it until recently, it was sold at the Farm & Fleet type stores for horse saddles. But now it's easier to find, at least the cleaner & conditioner are. Still can't find the wipes...

Oh ok, I get the Griot's catalog . HHmm, I often wondered if their stuff was really any good. Great!, the wife already thinks I have way too many different products for each different surface!! LOL! We have the old kitchen cabinets mounted in the garage and I have the main set full of just car cleaning stuff!!. She gives me a hard time about it,( In a loving, ribbing, sort of way.) ^_^

Hehe - yep, I know what you mean. My hubby just spent a chunk of change with Griots for his "baby" (2001 S4). I like their stuff, but like a few posts up said, it is private labled, they don't make their products. But it saves me from having to track down individual manufacturers. I do like their Speed shine - really easy to use.

I have to say though, Megiurers Gold wax is by far the best car wax I have found. I use the paste wax version and even on the Millinium Silver you can really see the difference! Last week I used the Maguirers Clay bar, then polish, and two coats of Gold wax. You almost need to put on your shades to look at it! B) So I think Griots Garage will have some proving to do before I venture there again. But I will try some of the other stuff.

By the way, how does your hubby like the buffer? I thought it looked heavy and hard to handle if you had to reach out to the center of the hood. Kind of reminded me of a converted grinder than a buffer. I was just curious. They do have alot of cool stuff in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I bought this as a starting point: E-Bay item# 330146049527 http://cgi.ebay.com/Glass-Wizard-Glass-Cle...1QQcmdZViewItem

I know it's probably cheap plastic, but I'll see if I like the method.

Update.... skip the Glass Wizard. What they call a micro fiber is kinda like a rough piece of nylon. So I got the Griots glass kit (arrived tonight) with the handle & the different pads. Maybe finally I'll have clean windows. :)

By the way, how does your hubby like the buffer? I thought it looked heavy and hard to handle if you had to reach out to the center of the hood. Kind of reminded me of a converted grinder than a buffer. I was just curious. They do have alot of cool stuff in there.

He said it's not too heavy & really easy to use. It's balanced so he doesn't get the vibrations in his arms that can happen with less expensive units. It likes it much better than regular buffers. Hope that helps!

He said it's not too heavy & really easy to use. It's balanced so he doesn't get the vibrations in his arms that can happen with less expensive units. It likes it much better than regular buffers. Hope that helps!

So what buffer did he own before?

Update.... skip the Glass Wizard. What they call a micro fiber is kinda like a rough piece of nylon. So I got the Griots glass kit (arrived tonight) with the handle & the different pads. Maybe finally I'll have clean windows.

It didn't come with any terri clothe bonnets?

My hubby just spent a chunk of change with Griots for his "baby" (2001 S4).

Which kit did he get?

;) Like this?