2005 Ml350 Compared To 2004 Rx330

Rya

Really?!?! Due to what? Was it sludge?

Since she lives in Minneapolis I didn't find out what the exact reason was. Story is, she brought the car into her Lexus dealer for her 30K service, and when she picked up the car she heard all kinds of banging sounds coming from the engine compartment. She brought it back, and had to leave the car for over a week. Long story short.........they had to do extensive internal engine work, which was fixed as a warranty repair.

Did you ever try to get a straight explanation from somebody who doesn't know $hit from shinola. LOL :whistles:

P.S. When I save up enough money for gas.......then I'll take that long drive to Minnetonka, MN and find out what really happened. <_<

P.S. When I save up enough money for gas.......then I'll take that long drive to Minnetonka, MN and find out what really happened. <_<

I've got $4, there's a start. lol. :P

Let's just say someone wanted a lot of starbucks drinks, and a nice fancy bday gift (ahem) Alex from prom thread (ahem) :angry: But it's ok, cuz she gets no fun out of the guy she likes who's broke! haha. lol.

I've got $4, there's a start. lol. :P

Hmmmm.........That'll cover about 30 something miles, but the trip is about 1200 miles....one way. :whistles:

I need more money than you offered. :rolleyes:

1200?? hmmm.... See Steve and my dad are realtors, we've got PLENTY of loan officers that are good and i'm pretty sure Steve knows of a few good ones too, so you can take out a home equity loan and use that! haha. :P :P

haha! well i dont want to sidetrack too much, but ironically my friend with the red 4Runner in my pix, is trying to buy a house, and we're kinda having a hard time getting him a loan, because he barely has any savings, him and his wife earn pretty good money, but all the money goes to CARS!

lol a flight would be easier...

True, but driving's a lot more funny and interesting, trust me! We flew to New York once, and after we went around New York, we rented a car which we took ALL over the east coast, from Toronto Canada, to Boston, to Rhode Island, to DC, and drove ALL the way back to Fresno! Yes that was a whomping 5,400 miles on the car! lol.

Gotta tell ya, that was the longest test drive i've ever had on a single rental car lol. :P

haha! well i dont want to sidetrack too much, but ironically my friend with the red 4Runner in my pix, is trying to buy a house, and we're kinda having a hard time getting him a loan, because he barely has any savings, him and his wife earn pretty good money, but all the money goes to CARS!

Pfft, you don't need any savings to buy a house. Just get the cash back in closing help from the seller to pay their costs and do it 100%. If they can document their income and have credit scores above 680 it should be a non issue.

I do have lenders who can get that done if you can't, and I'm sure they can close loans in CA.

credit scores above 680

See that's the only route their banking on, but THAT'S the problem right there! Let me give you a brief overview of this guy's life.

He's only been here in America for about 6 years now, from the Philippines. Now in the 6 years he's been here, guess how many cars he's been thru?? 6! :wacko: :wacko:

He's been thru an Accord, Civic, CRV (07), 4Runner (current) and FX35 (current). Now before i get to their expenses let's talk about his car mistakes. Lastyear, 2006, he got the 4Runner. Then a few months after they leased the brand new CRV for his wife. A month after just getting the CRV, she fell in LOVE with the FX35. Now they wanted the FX (I dont get this part!) they traded the leased CRV into Infiniti, and now their lease payments are HIGH because the dealer stacked all the penalties and fees on top of the FX's lease payments. Sounds crazy?!?! I've never heard of such a thing!

Now aside from this, one of them is a co-signer to the guy's mother who just got a Pilot. Now she's late with the payments sometimes, and that reflects on them too.

This guy probably spends lots and LOTS of money on mods! So credit cards are probably maxed out, I presume. Mods from K&N filter, to HIDs (can u believe in the one month that he had that CRV he actually changed the lights to HIDs!), Tundra rims, Scion HU, $750 Garmin GPS, Weathertech floor mats, seat covers (which are nice, i think im gonna buy those this summer!), and changed all the small bulbs around (like plate light, door light, dome light) to blue LEDs.

Yes this guy's the works when it comes to cars! But that's why their credit score hasnt gone up. Right now as i type, my dad's discussing some possibilities with a loan officer he knows that most of the time can get loans to buyers with bad credit. So idk, we'll see. But what's sad is that once we showed them properties, and he and his wife LOVED the last house we showed that after they got home, she taped the Client Data Report up on their wall and just sat there looking at it, like they had it in escrow or something! :(

Hmmm...thats going to be a problem at 100%. 6 months ago it wouldn't have been but with all the volitility in the subprime lending market its almost impossible to get 100% deals through on anything less than B+/A- paper. Now, if they could swing 5% down it would open up a whole new world of possibilities. Any family they could borrow some money from?

Honestly, if your Dad can't come across anyone who can get it done shoot me a PM, I have a couple lenders that might be able to.

Well that's why i kinda said in one post "sorry to sidetrack the topic" lol. It's all Alan's fault! lol. jk jk Alan. :P

Ok Steve. I'll see what can be done.

Ok I'm gonna steer this back to topic....

I just drove my friend's ML350 last night. Not as good as I thought it would be, but probably because the vehicle is obviously heavier than the E350, with the same engine. Acceleration wasn't as quick and peppy as I thought it would be.

Although they've only got about 600 miles on it (and it is barely a week old! geez!) so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that the engine might be asleep still... He told me to floor it, and reaction took awhile before it accelerated. Quality is still the same, doors sounded cheap and the setup of the instrumentations were confusing! The rear door was automatic, but what was weird is that it's different from like the RX330's rear door, the door literally SHUTS close, unlike the RX it closes slowly and gently. Oh one more thing, very dangerous, the car can open and close the automatic rear door with the car engaged in a different gear aside PARK! I remember the RX doesnt let you open the rear hatch unless it's in P and it makes the warning beep when you shift it with the door open. But idk, these are just the small things I've noticed....

Blindspot isn't too bad, but the quality still remains to be seen.... :unsure:

Thanks for the update Denny! I love the new new ML... but that rear door closing quickly seems dangerous. Have you driven a Cayenne?? I have not yet, but would love to.

Nope I haven't but I have high expectations in the way it should perform. The automatic rear door is optional (so dont worry if it's too dangerous for you if you decide to buy one lol) and Mercedes really charges more than an arm and leg for their cars! Think about this, the 6 disc changer is OPTIONAL, while it's standard on a lot of Lexus models. The auto rear door is optional (i know it's standard on the RX cuz we looked at a basic RX last year and it had the power door in the back), and at a price of $54k that ML350 still doesn't have HIDs! :wacko::wacko: