2005 Ml350 Compared To 2004 Rx330

Rya

Ok, truth be told, my fist choice for my next vehicle was the M-Class. I looked for one when I found the RX, but there we're none in the area in my price range. Now the dealership where I got the RX has an M-350. It's a 2005 (1 year younger than my RX), has 6k more miles than my RX had & costs

$2k less than my RX. The color isn't as preety as the RX, but I'm still kinda bummed. Please tell me about all of the problems with the M-Class so I'll feel better. :(

Ok, thanks for the info. I have not driven an MB yet, so I wouldn't know.

More importantly..........you'll be banned from participating on this messageboard if you made this switch! heehee

Secondly, Your RX is the top rated SUV in it's class, and yours is a better color, and wasn't smashed up like the car you were looking at.

......and finally, we'll miss you terribly on this forum. DON'T DO IT!

Naw, too late to change. I'm sure my hubby would have a heart attach if I said I wanted to change and take on another car payment while trying to sell the first vehicle.

I'm not leaving you guys, having too much fun with my new friends. :)

Naw, too late to change. I'm sure my hubby would have a heart attach if I said I wanted to change and take on another car payment while trying to sell the first vehicle.

I'm not leaving you guys, having too much fun with my new friends. :)

Great! In actuality it was your husband that told me to make that post. LOL

funny you mentioned ML350. lol. I still have to go and check out my friend's dad's new ML350 they just got last friday.... they returned the ML55 AMG, and my friend told me the first thing he noticed is the difference of power from the AMG to a regular ML! lol. Still waiting for him to let me drive it. :whistles::whistles:

DSC04294.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

His mom's E350 is in the background lol

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04304.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

Well my friend's old ML55 AMG went thru A LOT of problems! First off, the rotors warped many times. Then there was a time that I think the engine stalled, but i don't quite remember what my friend told me. That ML55 also had a lot of rattles and squeaks when I drove it. What else, I didn't quite take note of the problems that their ML55 AMG had but idk if the quality of the new ML is better than the old one.

OMG!!! That ML is georgous!!! But way to expensive for what we can afford right now. Anything that costs more than what I make in a year isn't really a smart decision.

I did notice that the ML I was looking at is the old body style, it looks a bit mini-vanish compared to my RX.

oh...it was the old model. Yeah that car was crap, in fact it was the first Benz to be made in the USA and it was assembled by unskilled people, no offense to us americans. Anywhoo, it dropped mercs reliability rating and was the sole vehicle that made people turn away from the brand.

plus, why would you want to drive around in an outdated model. At least you have another 2 years with this RX. lol

The old one doesn't cuz their ML55 AMG didn't have it. But the new one does BUT it's an upgrade! Unlike with the RX, it's standard.

But yea, I think (well probably it's obvious) the new one's made in the same factory as the old one, right smack in USA....

MLbuilddate2.jpg

I owned a used ML for one day, turned it back in when I ran a service history on it. It was 7 months old and had been serviced 27 times, all for problems.... Went down and bought my 99 RX300 brand new. The ML turns better (mercedes does a great job on suspension design) but the Lexus other than the tranny problem is far better...

the Lexus other than the tranny problem is far better...

Yep, I know about the tranny issue & still bought the vehicle! Thanks for your input!

Is there a tranny issue in the 330? I thought that was only for the RX300. <_<

Is there a tranny issue in the 330? I thought that was only for the RX300. <_<

YEP!!! It's also on the 330. I did a bunch of research before I bought the RX & they can fail. I bough the extended warranty (something I normally wouldn't do) just-in-case I have to replace it. :cries:

well actually the RX300 is the one with the tranny's having to be replaced. So far, the 330 only has that hesitation and i have not heard of anyone having to replace it...

Ahhhh, thanks! That's good news!

Yeah I've NEVER heard of a transmission failure on a 330...

....But I've heard of a motor failure on an '04 RX330.......namely, my daughters car.