My First Post And A Question

Stu

when I bought my 1994 Acura Legend, I really wanted an LS400. I got the Acura because I didnt want a V8 (I mostly dive in the city and dont need the power) wanted a front wheel drive (it snows a lot here) and I was worried about the high cost of maintenence.

The Acura is getting old and it is NOT an inexpensive car to service. I am thinking I should get the LS400, (I can learn to love the V8 and will buy snow tires) I found a 1995 with 65,000 miles that is really nice. Here is the question ....

is a well cared for, dealer serviced 1995 LS400 going to nasty to service ?

your thoughts would be appreciated.

post-4-1062373352.jpg

No not at all.

Just keep away from the air suspension option. If you run a search on here you'll see that a LOT of people have problems with it, and its REAL expensive to replace. The car rides just as good or better without it.

There are also some other areas to look for, other members with those LS years (VMF comes to mind) can steer you better.

Dealer service is really expensive, but you dont have to service it at the dealer. At a private shop it should cost similarly as your Legend.

Enjoy and welcome to the club!

Be sure to check the service history of that car and see that the 60,000 mile service has bee done ... that is about a $ 1400.00 service. And at that age it should have had a timing belt replacement at about 6 years old ... $ 400.00 service.

Terry

i have both LS 400 96 and 91 Legend with manual tranny. both cars are great and the price to maintain is the same for both of them. timing belt change might be a lilttle more expensive then 400$. OEM 2 bearing, belt and a water pump are gonna cost u about 400-600$ plus 400$ for labor. check my pix in the gallery and here is my legend

100_0035-vi.jpg

P.S. SWO thanks for recommendation:)