Dealer Promises

I have decided to buy the 08 when available. My nearest dealer is an hour away. When I mentioned this to him he said for routine oil changes I could have that done anyplace. Also, he said for any servicing or repairs that required an overnight stay he would drive out to my house with a loaner, pick up my car and then reverse the procedure. I am wondering if any routine servicing under the terms of the warranty require more than a few hours? Also, if anyone lives in the Tampa Bay area I'd like to ask you a few questions about the 2 dealers.

that sounds like the famous lexus service. No, oil changes usually take about 3 hours at most, but if there was a problem where they would have to order a part, they will give you a loaner and drive it out to you since you are so far away.

Routine service consists mainly of oil and oil filter every 5000 miles, rotation of tires at the same time, and air/air conditioning filters every 10,000 miles. No individual or combination of services should take any longer than a couple of hours. Regarding oil changes, I do my own, but would be hesitant to take a hybrid to a quikie-lube shop, primarily because I would rather not have to explain to every service tech why the engine doesn't start when he turns the key.

Besides, I like the time savings of changing oil, myself.

Dave

I would rather not have to explain to every service tech why the engine doesn't start when he turns the key.

Dave

A mistake I made last weekend with a parking lot valet who said he sat and stared at the dash for 10 minutes before figuring out how to park my 400h. Hopefully no one was waiting behind him.

Tom