Michelin Tire Pressure

• 3 weeks later...
What is the best tire pressure for the Michelin tires? The owners manual recommends 30psi, which seems low. When I checked my tires recently, they registered 36psi.

36 may be high, sometimes when you buy a new car during transport, they usually overinflate the tires to prevent a flat spot on the tire during the transport process. When it arrives at the dealership, the service dept is responsible for re-adjusting the tire pressure, but they sometimes forget or are not aware of it. I usually keep my tires approximately 33 psi. You can check your manual for more info.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This may be a little off topic, but speaking of tires; I had the car in for it's first service recently (5K), which is supposed to include a tire rotation. I didn't even think about it until well after the car was serviced, but my car has wheel locks with the special lug key. Is it safe to assume that they did NOT rotate the tires as they were supposed to do, if they did not ask me for the lug key (which they didn't)?

Or do they have some sort of 'universal' key, which doesn't make much sense to me?

This may be a little off topic, but speaking of tires; I had the car in for it's first service recently (5K), which is supposed to include a tire rotation. I didn't even think about it until well after the car was serviced, but my car has wheel locks with the special lug key. Is it safe to assume that they did NOT rotate the tires as they were supposed to do, if they did not ask me for the lug key (which they didn't)?

Or do they have some sort of 'universal' key, which doesn't make much sense to me?

I believe they refer to it as a master key, but yes the dealer has its own key.

My tires were 37 lbs all around right off the lot. Handling was awful. Cornering was an adventure.

I uninflated them all to 32 lbs and handling improved immensely.

I run my tires at 32 to 33 lbs and like their performance there - handling seems to be sensitive to pressure setting.

What is the best tire pressure for the Michelin tires? The owners manual recommends 30psi, which seems low. When I checked my tires recently, they registered 36psi.

I recently went in for my first 5000 mile sercvce at a Lexus Dealership. . I was told the by the service consultant. They set the tire pressure at 34 psi as it gives a better ride. It would be good to know if they set the spare the same way. I asked about the tire warning light and at what psi it is set to activate. They said the factory set is 28 PSI? I thought I had read in the manual that it was more like a 5 to 7 pound difference. They did state they can set it at a different PSI if requested.