Longevity Of Rx300

gigi

I have a 00 RX300 with 177th miles on it. It has been dealer serviced since new as per owners manual. The car runs perfectly and has been garage kept from the NY winters..We have been considering a new one, but with the high prices, wondered if it can go further with no problems We need a reliable car because we travel a lot. Any other Rx owners with good troublefree longevity? Please give us your thoughts, would be appreciated.. Thanks Lou

I have a 00 RX300 with 177th miles on it. It has been dealer serviced since new as per owners manual. The car runs perfectly and has been garage kept from the NY winters..We have been considering a new one, but with the high prices, wondered if it can go further with no problems We need a reliable car because we travel a lot. Any other Rx owners with good troublefree longevity? Please give us your thoughts, would be appreciated.. Thanks Lou

I am a long time Toyota owner and former strong advocate. Over the last 15 years, I have bought brand new LS400, RX300, 4Runner and Avalon XLS (also bought a new Corolla in 1975 and new Tercel & Cressida when I returned from overseas in 1984). Neighbors on my street have bought 4 new RX300's, one ES300 and one Sequoia. Collectively we have dealt with 3 Lexus and two Toyota dealerships. I can tell you that Toyota no longer means quality and reliability. All of these cars (not Corolla, Tercel or Cressida) have had major problems. Toyota/Lexus have been unwilling to help and dealership work has been shoddy to put it mildly. Most recent problem was neighbor's Sequoia with 79k miles which needs a new engine.

I will never, NEVER, buy another Toyota product.

Perhaps you will be ok because you have made 177k without encountering problems. Good luck.

Toyota stinks!

Wow LexKid/630:

Your loaded for bear with all those Lexus's........you either own a dealership or are a doctor to afford all those cars.

Otherwise, what would make a person buy so many/ They are nice but not that great.

Yes, from what I see on this thread the 1999 and 2000 are the worst.......but at 177k you can't camplain.

Listen, in 2000 Lexus sold 65,000 of these RX300 more then any other Lexus maybe combined.......and on this site.. is maybe 2000 owners complaining.....so this would not be a site to get a good answer.

If I were in your position, I'd consider getting a 02-03 with as low miles as you can to replace your 00. You'll be out of the range of the trans problems and other than some drivetrain differences and some interior peices the 99/00 and the 01-03''s are essentially the same vehicle. The 01-03's are pretty affordable as compared to a new model so that shouldn't be an issue and you can probably still get a few bucks for your 00 since its been well kept.