Hooking Up The Ipod

newESowner525

I bought a cord from Best Buy...nothing special needed according to them...and it works fine..it has the small "male" end on both sides...and you just plug one side in to ipod and the other in to the auxiliary.... would you have time to read my question about the dash...and vinyl in the car...and share your thoughts....thanks....

I bought a cord from Best Buy...nothing special needed according to them...and it works fine..it has the small "male" end on both sides...and you just plug one side in to ipod and the other in to the auxiliary.... would you have time to read my question about the dash...and vinyl in the car...and share your thoughts....thanks....

but does this allow for the ipod to b controlled through the car system.....to see the music list on the navigator screen...the volume control on the car....to control the music played using the selecter knobs of the car

thanx

finco

but does this allow for the ipod to b controlled through the car system.....to see the music list on the navigator screen...the volume control on the car....to control the music played using the selecter knobs of the car

From my understanding, the only thing that can be controlled by the car system is the volume, tone controls, and front/back, left/right balance of the speakers. No display of tunes playing on the NAV screen, and tune changes have to be done on the iPod itself. Plus, to keep the iPod battery charged you have to draw power from the accessory power plug in the center console. In other words, this hookup does not give you full integration. :whistles:

• 1 year later...

thanx

finco

Vais make one for Lexus where you can control your ipod through the head unit and it and if you have a video ipod lets you watch whatever through the Nav screen. Only thing is you can't pick the video from the head unit you still have to use the Ipod.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...;nplm=TF367LL/A

Is this kind of cable all I need to play my ipod on the car stereo system?

I got a cord from my lexus dealer for somthing around 30$ and its working great with my Iphone and my Ipod.

I got one of these and love it. It charges the ipod also and has audio line level output. sounds better than the male to male cord I had that hooked up to the headphone jack.

http://www.sik.com/imp.php