Cel On... Newbie Please Help

tony1515

Ok so I am a totally Newbie to the luxus world. Im looking to purchase an 02 supercharged is300 (61k miles), coilovers, intake, headers, exhaust, short shifter, 19 rims, lip kit, very clean leather interior, engine managment system...This car has about 25k in receipts and everything was professioanlly installed. My question is what would be a good price for this car, the guy said he would sell it to me for $20k and that seems reasoanble to me, but like I said im completely new and would appreciate some opinions. The second thing is that the cat was eliminated when the Apexi exhaust was put on and now the CEL is on and the guy said that it is just because there is no cat on the car and it messes with the O2 sensors??? does this sound right?? Thank you everyone for your time

Yea Im having a friend of mine come with me to test the CEL. Does $20k sound like a good price for it? Also it seems like it takes a few seconds for the car to start again the guy told me that it was because it has bigger injectors, when i started it didnt start rough or anything just took a few seconds to turn on..is this normal for a car with all those upgrades.

Not sure about the starting.

A 2002 without the mods would be around $16 -17 thousand in really good condition. If you think the boost and stuff are worth the extra then that's probably ok. I kinda figure the value of the mods is worth about 50% of what he originally paid for them, so you might add them up and see how it comes out.

There are lots of posts on turbo and supercharged IS300 at this link.

http://my.is/forums/usercp.php

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I would have to many questions for the guy selling the car to list here. But that isn't to say I wouldn't buy the car. But some questions I would definitaley ask is if he put 20k into the car and had all that work done professionally, why then didn't he put an O2 sim on to fix the cel? And why is he selling the car after all that work? How many psi is he running? And are you qualified to maintain that car? You do realize that the car is going to require maintanence that is not covered in the owners manual now right?

20K for the car doesn't sound out of line, but I would have the car checked out, maybe even Dyno it for absolute numbers. 3 pulls for 70 bucks. Might be worth it to make sure the car is still tight and everything is working the way it should be.