A/c Light Blinking

91LexusLS400

Occationally I get in my car and quickly notice the air is not cooling was I start it up, look over the a/c light is blinking. I push the off button and then push auto again and it begins cooling immediately. A couple of times I had to push off then auto a couple of times, but it's always gotten cool after these steps. What's the deal? The car has been converted to R134.

• 1 month later...
Occationally I get in my car and quickly notice the air is not cooling was I start it up, look over the a/c light is blinking. I push the off button and then push auto again and it begins cooling immediately. A couple of times I had to push off then auto a couple of times, but it's always gotten cool after these steps. What's the deal? The car has been converted to R134.

The A/C light will blink when it senses that the compressor has locked up. In your case when you turn it off and then on it may temporarily run again...but the bad news is that you will need another compressor :cries: . Don't delay in getting this done because a compressor that is locking will generate debris and spread it through your system.