Lps And Sirius Questions

Hello all,

I am sorry if this has been posted before but I tried searching really hard before posting redundantly. In any case... here goes.

1) I just got a new RX-350 with NAV, regular audio, no rear entertainment. I would like to change the LPS myself (LPS = Lexus Personalized Settings in case someone was wondering :-) and can find no info on this forum or elsewhere... is there a way for me t do this myself?

2) I want to add Sirius Satellite to my car. What is the opinion out there on the best way to do this? Cost is no problem for me... I want the BEST and STEALTHIEST option that does not require heavy destruction :-)

Thanks all.

1) I just got a new RX-350 with NAV, regular audio, no rear entertainment. I would like to change the LPS myself (LPS = Lexus Personalized Settings in case someone was wondering :-) and can find no info on this forum or elsewhere... is there a way for me t do this myself?

Update on question 1. I noticed in the owner's manual that one of the LPS options, that which has to do with the automatic door locking preferences, can be changed by the owner with special combinations of keys and ignition etc.

Well, I am unhappy to report that it DOES NOT work as advertised. None of the 4 options can be set or unset. The manual is WRONG and I am upset... this should NOT require a trip to the dealer... I mean really!

Geesh

On a happier note, I was able to defeat the Front Driver and Passenger Seat Belt Buzzers ... thank goodness for that because I was about to find th buzzer and "delete" it LOL

Cheers

Update on question 1. I noticed in the owner's manual that one of the LPS options, that which has to do with the automatic door locking preferences, can be changed by the owner with special combinations of keys and ignition etc.

Well, I am unhappy to report that it DOES NOT work as advertised. None of the 4 options can be set or unset. The manual is WRONG and I am upset... this should NOT require a trip to the dealer... I mean really!

Geesh

On a happier note, I was able to defeat the Front Driver and Passenger Seat Belt Buzzers ... thank goodness for that because I was about to find th buzzer and "delete" it LOL

Cheers

For Sirius (or XM) - the easiest is the VAISTECH modules - they integrate into the NAV and radio screens and work flawlessly. Check them out at www.vaistech.com - you can also use their modules to integrate an iPod.

• 1 month later...

Manny,

How did you disable the Seat belt buzzers????

"On a happier note, I was able to defeat the Front Driver and Passenger Seat Belt Buzzers ... thank goodness for that because I was about to find th buzzer and "delete" it LOL"

Thanks,

Steve

Manny,

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, try these...

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

• 4 weeks later...
Manny,

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, try these...

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

Manny,

I have an 08 RX350. Can I use your method to disable the Seatbelt warning bell?

If so, what do you mean by "press Start 2 times"?? Is this a "Start button? I don't have a start button, so where do I "press Start??" Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

I am sorry if this has been posted before but I tried searching really hard before posting redundantly. In any case... here goes.

2) I want to add Sirius Satellite to my car. What is the opinion out there on the best way to do this? Cost is no problem for me... I want the BEST and STEALTHIEST option that does not require heavy destruction :-)

Thanks all.

The 2008 models are available with dealer install of Sirius Radio. Thats the route I went for an extra 800 bucks and it works great. No destruction at all.