No Dvd In My Car!

remas1974

After I bought my car, I discovered that my CD changer is not capable of reading DVDs. I have a navigation system and I thought my car is capable of viewing DVDs since it is already equipped with a dashboard screen.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view movies in the screen, anything like auxiliary device, Bluetooth device, or something?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2007 ES350

The dealer should have told you that to play Video DVD's you need the Mark Levinson system. I haven't heard of any aftermarket device that would integrate with your system to allow this. :( Luckily, I asked this question when I was making a deal for my ES.

After I bought my car, I discovered that my CD changer is not capable of reading DVDs. I have a navigation system and I thought my car is capable of viewing DVDs since it is already equipped with a dashboard screen.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view movies in the screen, anything like auxiliary device, Bluetooth device, or something?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2007 ES350

Do you have a DVD logo by the side where you insert the CD's in the system? if yes it should play, if no logo, you don't have a DVD player. have a look at the picture of my car....

post-36828-1181985798_thumb.jpg

Can dvd's actually be viewed on the navi. in-dash screen?

Sure can, but I don't use this feature too much.......I just use it to impress people, and show them what the Mark Levinson system is capable of. :)

I don't think you had the ability to play DVD's in the RX330, even though it was equipped with a Mark Levinson system. I think they started the DVD feature in the RX350. :cries:

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2007 ES350

Do you have a DVD logo by the side where you insert the CD's in the system? if yes it should play, if no logo, you don't have a DVD player. have a look at the picture of my car....

Thank you for the photo. It looks like my CD player doesn't have that logo! I will try to see if there is a way to change the CD player or have an external player that can be connected to the system.

Thank you again,

• 2 months later...
The dealer should have told you that to play Video DVD's you need the Mark Levinson system. I haven't heard of any aftermarket device that would integrate with your system to allow this. :( Luckily, I asked this question when I was making a deal for my ES.

Does anyone know the fix to watch DVD while driving? not that I want to watch one while flying down the freeway, but I recently had to take the kids to grandma's cottage and 1 hr into the trip, their portable DVD play crapped out. 3 hr trip felt more like a month.

Better yet, anyone know how to get rid of the screen that I have to agree to everytime i get in my car?

• 2 weeks later...