Rear Light Problem Indicator On After State Inspection...

I got my '97 ES300 (180K miles) inspected today. When I took it into the shop (local repair place), there were no indicator lights on. They told me that it needed a license plate bulb and side marker light bulb. When I drove out I noticed that the Rear Light Problem Indicator came on when I turned the headlights on.

How could it be that the indicator light was off before but came on now that they replaced the bulbs?

Wrong voltage replacement bulbs maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

I got my '97 ES300 (180K miles) inspected today. When I took it into the shop (local repair place), there were no indicator lights on. They told me that it needed a license plate bulb and side marker light bulb. When I drove out I noticed that the Rear Light Problem Indicator came on when I turned the headlights on.

How could it be that the indicator light was off before but came on now that they replaced the bulbs?

Wrong voltage replacement bulbs maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

my licence lights havent work in years and the indicator dosnt kick on. but it will for the 168 bulbs on the edge of the taillight.

Got it resolved. The problem was that the OTHER tail light (not the one they replaced) was kind of black and ready to burn out so the voltage in the circuit was all out of whack. After replacing the other bulb, the indicator on the dash went out....

:cheers: