Hate To Beat A Dead Horse But....

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I know i'm probably beating a dead horse by asking this but, i'm hoping to buy a USED 2006 IS350 within the next week from a BMW dealer. They are currently asking just shy of $36,000 for a car that has 17k miles (a lot of miles I think) on it and it only has the htd/ventilated seats on it as far as options go. I'm getting conflicting opinions from friends regarding whether or not i'd be "low-balling" the dealer by offering $32k. I wouldn't want to negiotiate much higher than that due to my finances. I know all of you that own one have been thru the negiotating and haggling and just wanted everyone's advice on this. I love the car/model but just don't hope i'm not dreaming by thinking I can get into an IS350 for a price that is unrealistic...

Thanks in advance for insight you guys can provide,

--Wes

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I know i'm probably beating a dead horse by asking this but, i'm hoping to buy a USED 2006 IS350 within the next week from a BMW dealer. They are currently asking just shy of $36,000 for a car that has 17k miles (a lot of miles I think) on it and it only has the htd/ventilated seats on it as far as options go. I'm getting conflicting opinions from friends regarding whether or not i'd be "low-balling" the dealer by offering $32k. I wouldn't want to negiotiate much higher than that due to my finances. I know all of you that own one have been thru the negiotating and haggling and just wanted everyone's advice on this. I love the car/model but just don't hope i'm not dreaming by thinking I can get into an IS350 for a price that is unrealistic...

--Wes

Wes,

I paid $36,300 for a similar equipped (new) IS350 in April 06.

$31K-$33k is what I would expect to pay for the car you describe w/o nav, $33k-35K w/nav. I hope things work out for you as it is a wonderful vehicle.

Hey guys,

--Wes

So what if you offer $32k? If that's too low, they won't sell it to you. What could you possibly lose?

They are currently asking just shy of $36,000 for a car that has 17k miles (a lot of miles I think) on it and it only has the htd/ventilated seats on it as far as options go. I'm getting conflicting opinions from friends regarding whether or not i'd be "low-balling" the dealer by offering $32k. I

i paid 38k drive out for mine...i have the level 2 package which sounds like its the same as urs as far as options (heated/cooling seats,18in wheels but no nav or bluetooth). i had only 150 miles on mine when i bought it. from what i understand, it was a great deal on my part.

of course, then i spent another 4k on stone-x,extended warranty, and tire warranty...go me right?

so the difference is...i paid 2k more with SEVENTEEN THOUSAND less miles...i think u should ask for less.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I actually purchased an IS350 back on Tues., and absolutely love the car! Its charcoal grey with the light grey interior and htd/cooled seats and 14k miles on it. I wound up going thru a different dealer (not a Lexus dealer) and they really didn't haggle much.

I actually purchased an IS350 back on Tues., and absolutely love the car! Its charcoal grey with the light grey interior and htd/cooled seats and 14k miles on it. I wound up going thru a different dealer (not a Lexus dealer) and they really didn't haggle much.

I you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

36k used? thats absurd. For 36k you could just buy a new IS350 with a premium package if im correct.

You are correct. You can get an IS350 with Premium Package+NAV+XM+Spoiler for $40,000.00 out the door, which would be a little over $36,500.00 or so.

Hey guys,

--Wes

I just Bought an IS 350 last week in So Cal. They were asking 37000 for it, and I eventually talked them down to 35000. This car was loaded with Mark Levinson, spoiler, NAV, Luxury package, with HIDs, programmable seats. It even had 19" Custom rims w/ lo profile tires and was tinted. It had 21,600 miles on it. The only things I think you could add to the vehicle would be XM and the adaptive cruise, and the HKS exhaust.

From my pricing in research I would say that 31-33 would be about right for one without NAV, and 33-36max for one with NAV.

I you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Hey TX350,

I wound up paying $31,800 for it. Like i said, they didn't haggle much with me on the price, almost kinda worries me.

--Wes