Replaced The 1990 Ls400 Amplifier

Meshblorg

Hey guys. Sorry for being all rude in that other topic of mine. I can be a harsh car critic and an *BLEEP* sometimes.

Anyways,

So I bought a Nakamichi amplifier and replaced my old one in my trunk. Before my tweeters were working and now my subwoofer is working. However the four door speakers still do not work. I might take it into a car shop. I thought the amplifier in the trunk powered the four 5" door speakers as well.

Any idea what the problem now could be? Will I have to replace my head unit?

Hey guys. Sorry for being all rude in that other topic of mine. I can be a harsh car critic and an *BLEEP* sometimes.

Anyways,

So I bought a Nakamichi amplifier and replaced my old one in my trunk. Before my tweeters were working and now my subwoofer is working. However the four door speakers still do not work. I might take it into a car shop. I thought the amplifier in the trunk powered the four 5" door speakers as well.

From what I've heard the headunit has a built in amplifier that powers the four component speakers on your doors. The two tweeters simply run parallel with your front door speaker using the same channel. Amplifier in the trunk is for the subwoofer exclusively. If you want a replacement headunit contact member dcfish or pioneersbuy.

Anyways,

From what I've heard the headunit has a built in amplifier that powers the four component speakers on your doors. The two tweeters simply run parallel with your front door speaker using the same channel. Amplifier in the trunk is for the subwoofer exclusively. If you want a replacement headunit contact member dcfish or pioneersbuy.

Do you think if I hookup another speaker to one of the door and see if it plays I can determine whether the speakers are broken or the head unit?

That's one way of doing it, but before doing that let's think about it: you mentioned that none of your 4 speakers are working, and the chances of all 4 speakers burn out at the same time is pretty slim. If all the speakers are dead silent (no fuzzy noises) then it means that the channels are dead, which indicates your headunit is shot.

According to this wiring diagram...the amp powers the sub and all of the component speakers as well.

Testing with a known good speaker is the most sound troubleshooting you could do but as flanker said, because all four died at once you're probably looking at either an amp issue or a headunit issue.

If the replacement amp you got is known to be working properly, the headunit seems to be your culprit.