Help Installing Rear Tail Light For Rx300 (2000)

rastamanx

Can anyone provide me with instructions (or point me to an online instruction manual) for assisting me with installing a rear tail light unit on my 2000 RX300?

Specifically, I need to replace the driver's side rear tail light (the unit with the turn signal light inside)...see attached photo.

Thanks for the help!!

~RX

post-13545-1181796841_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pictures of what to do (same for your rx300). You need a flat head screw driver and a philips head as well.

Use the flat head screw driver to pop off the caps that cover the screws that attach the unit to the car (there are two of these; you will see them). then remove these screws with the philips head screw driver. Then gently pry the unit off of the car using the flat head screw driver (see pics). you can use your hands as well to pull it away. Do not pry from the side where the screws are; start from the other end. don't worry, it may "feel" like something's going to break; but it wont!

Good luck!

post-13420-1182185731_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1182185737_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1182185744_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1182185751_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!

Here are a few pictures of what to do (same for your rx300). You need a flat head screw driver and a philips head as well.

Use the flat head screw driver to pop off the caps that cover the screws that attach the unit to the car (there are two of these; you will see them). then remove these screws with the philips head screw driver. Then gently pry the unit off of the car using the flat head screw driver (see pics). you can use your hands as well to pull it away. Do not pry from the side where the screws are; start from the other end. don't worry, it may "feel" like something's going to break; but it wont!

Good luck!