Engine Rebuild For Sc300

Adonis

Where can I find a rebuild kit for a 92 SC300 and about how much will it cost me. I am also thinking about doing an na-t and the cheapest I have found is about $4800. Does anybody know where I can find a complete single turbo kit for less money than that. Thanks for all your help.

RM

is this a rebuild for a motor? if thats the case then you have too pull motor and take it all appart. head , pistons, drank and in and ex manifolds and everything thats electrical then you take it doun to a machine shop and they will do the rest depending on what you want. if you go turbo at this point it might be a good idea to buy different pistons from JE or some other company or even go to the turbo GTE pistons. buy a new oil pump while your at it and have the crank ground with new bearings everywhere, and get a head job and to finish off balance everything. pick a good machine shop somewhere with a good history and dont be suprised if you have to wait a month and a half for them to finish the job. well have fun :lol:

Well, most machine shops will only deck, bore, hone, mill and do angle jobs - press and seat guide bushings and clean. There are some around that do specialize in motors but they are usually a part of a performance shop and cost $$. Balance an blueprinting is a great idea but is only practicle usually if the goals for the motor are to be a record breaker or the customer is rich.

The 2jz though is over engineered. The stock components are stout and incredidbly strong. Why do you think you need a rebuild? Regardless, I don't know of a rebuild "kit". But call the dealership service shops. Maybe the parts department can help you out. If they are cooperative, ask them what they use to do a rebuild and if you can order those parts as a package. Chances are they will tell you to bring the car in for their service.

You must have the factory service manual. This book tells you everything involved with the job. All the special service tools and what items to replace for wear and at what specification they have become worn.

If you want to rebuild a motor with the intention of going boostin' then your goal needs to be considered. You can 350 to upwards of 500 horsepower on stock internals. 450 to 500 hp mark would warrant the consideration of lowering compression via means of head gasket. This the most followed method. 600hp mark warrants a considered change in pistons and rods. Then your tranny. Basically, if you drive like billy bad !Removed! and a bat out of hell 100% of the time - you are going to break something. No matter how much power you are running. Then from 500+ the chances of something breaking become exponential.