July Sale

Just letting anyone who's looking into buying an IS350 or IS250 soon know... wait until the July 4th sale comes around. They have this sale every year to clear out the 07s to make room for the 08s (at least I believe so). If you plan to order one... I think the best thing to do is to order one as early as possible because what the Lexus dealership told me (Longo Lexus in SoCal) is that even if the car doesn't arrive during the annual Lexus sale, they could still punch in the benefits from the sale for the ordered car when they find out what all the incentives are and everything (which I find very nice of them to do). One of the salesman from Longo Lexus told me that there should be nice incentives for both purchase and lease. Anyways... I hope this information helps! If you want more info, just call your local Lexus dealer and hear what they have to say about it. It could be different from dealership to dealership but it should be the same.

Just letting anyone who's looking into buying an IS350 or IS250 soon know... wait until the July 4th sale comes around. They have this sale every year to clear out the 07s to make room for the 08s (at least I believe so). If you plan to order one... I think the best thing to do is to order one as early as possible because what the Lexus dealership told me (Longo Lexus in SoCal) is that even if the car doesn't arrive during the annual Lexus sale, they could still punch in the benefits from the sale for the ordered car when they find out what all the incentives are and everything (which I find very nice of them to do). One of the salesman from Longo Lexus told me that there should be nice incentives for both purchase and lease. Anyways... I hope this information helps! If you want more info, just call your local Lexus dealer and hear what they have to say about it. It could be different from dealership to dealership but it should be the same.

Interesting and very trusting of car salesman. Please don't take this personally.... Personally I shopped my on the internet. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST AND GET A TARGET PRICE TO BEAT. Got the internet sales managers name from each dealer (forget those website that do the work for you) and dealt with them directly via e-mail (no sales talk...money talks), E-mail is short and sweet "Ready to Buy"... I am ready to buy this vehicle with this package ( and leave out accessories like floor mats - they can throw them in later to sweeten the deal... mention color later if you are at all flexible (with other manufacturers you can talk about color after the deal is done - with Lexus these are less dealers to swap with and they also want to sell what is on their lot. Again in my case the I had two colors that I could live with - so I had the lowest bidder running around trying to find the color that I really wanted - but then "settled" with the one on his lot (which I really wanted anyway) after he threw in the floor mats) Back to the saga...vet through all the quotes and re-email each informing them accordingly that there local competition can do better. Play fair, but play hard. Some guys don't want to play this way - but we have bought 3 cars in 16 months this way. Oh and by the way...you wait until the END OF THE MONTH - as close as possible, I personally don't believe in National Holiday Sales Events. It's all about the end of the month for these guys. With my deal the best price was great.. after I signed the deal I realized the guy hadn't really looked at all the options in my e-mail (specifically XM radio) - he just responded so quickly with his price. At first he was like... no way that it is included in that price...when I suggested he re-check his e-mail offering and he realized my spec included it - he stood by his word and thru in in --admitting he had overlooked it but keeping his word. FORGET talking to salespeople on their lot ----you can't get a deal that way. And always be prepared to walk out. Did that on the same deal when they started !Removed! around with the dollars for my trade-in. They can running after me in he parking lot. Buying a car is such fun.....

Totally agree with clay1. I bought mine exactly two weeks ago using the internet as well. This was a great tool.

And FYI, I also visited Longo Lexus. When I spoke to a salesman there, he told me that if I wanted an IS250, he could get me a good deal but on the IS350, I'd be lucky to get any discount at all. Total BS! When I told him that I could get one for at least $4k off of MSRP, he flat out told me to jump on it, because it was just too good.

I ended up getting mine for about $5k off on the last day of the month.

Just remember, they try to get you on everything. First, the price of the car. Second, the price of your trade in. Third, the interest rate on your finance. All negotiable!

Internet works fine. Buying during an incentive or sale time is even better.

I don't disagree that buying during an "incentive or sale time" is good. It's just that isn't necessarily conveyed to the public (eg. "July 4th Sales Event") The only incentive times I know is end of the month and end of the model year (August31/Sept30). What other "incentive" times do you know of and that can be used as general info to newbies... especially if shopping between wo different cars cross-brand (say Lexus and BMW at the same time)

I don't disagree that buying during an "incentive or sale time" is good. It's just that isn't necessarily conveyed to the public (eg. "July 4th Sales Event") The only incentive times I know is end of the month and end of the model year (August31/Sept30). What other "incentive" times do you know of and that can be used as general info to newbies... especially if shopping between wo different cars cross-brand (say Lexus and BMW at the same time)

Lexus also runs the "December to Remember" sales event. That's about all I know of. Winter months are also usually a good time to buy anyway as sales are usually slower.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus also runs the "December to Remember" sales event. That's about all I know of. Winter months are also usually a good time to buy anyway as sales are usually slower.

The summer promo is the "Golden Opportunity Event". Note that, if you want the Lux Pkg or some other option which is hard to find, the longer you wait, the harder it may be to obtain it.