Dealer Maintenance?

Check the Lexus warranty. I believe nothing says it must be done by an authorized dealer and if that is the case you better keep very good records as you may get into trouble if something big goes wrong....

You can always go somewhere else (other than for warranty replacement/service), but Manolo1's right, if you don't keep good records, and you have a problem later, you can't establish that you didn't ignore or neglect proper maintenance. If you do it at Lexus, they already know.

Have you priced out service at a Toyota dealer?

Check the Lexus warranty. I believe nothing says it must be done by an authorized dealer and if that is the case you better keep very good records as you may get into trouble if something big goes wrong....

You can always go somewhere else (other than for warranty replacement/service), but Manolo1's right, if you don't keep good records, and you have a problem later, you can't establish that you didn't ignore or neglect proper maintenance. If you do it at Lexus, they already know.

Have you priced out service at a Toyota dealer?

Which dealer are you going to?? Rohrich or Lexus of North Hills. I just got my 10k service for about $150. I was questioning weather to go somewhere else for this glorified oil change, but I was pleasantly surprised with the service.

Toyota dealer is a good idea. I would have to believe they would be on top of how to deal with the Lexus. I have been using Rohrich and they seem to have the attitude that I have to use them. My wife has driven a Honda for years and we have always used the dealer. Support there has been great and the prices were competitive. I am just not seeing the same thing from Lexus.

I never take mine to the dealer except for warranty work. I haven't had dealer routine service for over 20 years. For the Lexus I buy the filters, etc from Irontoad, have the oil changed at a local place and change air and cabin filters myself. Long as I have records for those items, warranty is still good.