5000 Miles Oil Change Or 6 Months

Hi,

My car is not getting close to 5,000 miles to get the first service done, but it's getting close to 6 months old. I know they said in the manual that whichever comes first I need to bring it in for a service. Should I wait until my car get to 5,000 miles because it's too soon for a service and it will happen again and again because I'm just driving locally. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Unless most of your driving is less than a few miles, or a few minutes, the 5000 mile schedule is fine.

Tom

I drive only 10 miles on weekday roundtrip to work and drive a little more on weekends. Basically I don't drive a lot so do you think 5000 mile schedule is ok?

• 2 weeks later...
Unless most of your driving is less than a few miles, or a few minutes, the 5000 mile schedule is fine.

Tom

I drive only 10 miles on weekday roundtrip to work and drive a little more on weekends. Basically I don't drive a lot so do you think 5000 mile schedule is ok?

i had the same question. only at about 2500 miles at 6 months so not looking to bring it in. also, i vaguely remember the first service being free but can't remember if that's true. anyone know? bought from ray catena in NJ. thx

Tom

i had the same question. only at about 2500 miles at 6 months so not looking to bring it in. also, i vaguely remember the first service being free but can't remember if that's true. anyone know? bought from ray catena in NJ. thx

5k should be free. I will also be in similar situation where 6 months will come up long before I hit my 5K. Since I've got synthetic oil in there, is it necessary to do it every 6 months? I wonder if the 6 months is something that oil companies are saying so that they keep their sales up.

• 3 weeks later...