Wheel Bearing Failure

Both of my front wheel bearings have failed at 26,000 miles on my 2006 RX400h. The dealer has no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone explain it? Thanks. Repair is covered under warranty.

Both of my front wheel bearings have failed at 26,000 miles on my 2006 RX400h. The dealer has no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone explain it? Thanks

Quite possibly the brake caliper "slider" bolts siezed and one one brake pad side primarily doing the braking...

Both of my front wheel bearings have failed at 26,000 miles on my 2006 RX400h. The dealer has no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone explain it? Thanks

Quite possibly the brake caliper "slider" bolts siezed and one one brake pad side primarily doing the braking...

Or a dealer lookin for, at, deep pockets.

Both of my front wheel bearings have failed at 26,000 miles on my 2006 RX400h. The dealer has no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone explain it? Thanks. Repair is covered under warranty.

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune, and welcome to L. O. C. Bearings come from the vendor/supplier prepacked (in most cases) and permanently sealed. Greese packing is all done by machine / assembly line. Could be that you simply got a defective one. When a bearing fails from lack of lubrication, it sometimes damages the mating surface ... either a wheel spindle (in this case) or outer race ... don't know what configuration they use. In any event, the tech can assure you, one way or the other, if either of the mating surfaces were damaged. It'd still be under warranty. There can be several other causes too ... improperly machined parts for one. What ever the cause, such things are not real common, if that's any consolation.

I have no experience with Lexus wheel bearings but I do know that many mechanics clean out the grease that comes in the wheel bearings and repack them with a known brand of grease before installing them.

Tom