Best Performance For Racing

I own a Lexus IS350 2007 and it is still under 1000km, so I am still pretty new. My question is.. what is the best thing I can do to ensure I will beat my friend in a race with his Acura TL-S? Should I disable Traction control and turn the ECT to Power then just step on it? Start pressing on it in neutral then violently gear into overdrive? Or are there some other preparations I should do to get the most out of my car? First time I own an automatic, so I'm not sure what I need to do.. at all lol.

Thanks in advance!

Tun off the trac/vdim and turn on the ect. When it's time to go just mash the gas and let the car do the rest. You won't have any problem beating the TL. People are easily running 13.4 to 13.7 in the 1/4 mile using this method.

Running with 1/4 tank of gas, and removing the spare tire and anything you have stored in the trunk, etc. also helps a little.

I own a Lexus IS350 2007 and it is still under 1000km, so I am still pretty new. My question is.. what is the best thing I can do to ensure I will beat my friend in a race with his Acura TL-S? Should I disable Traction control and turn the ECT to Power then just step on it? Start pressing on it in neutral then violently gear into overdrive? Or are there some other preparations I should do to get the most out of my car? First time I own an automatic, so I'm not sure what I need to do.. at all lol.

Thanks in advance!

First of all, I would recommend that you NEVER rev it and then slam it in gear. Then, other than using PWR mode, and disableing traction control, you might be sure that your A/C is turned off.

what is the best thing I can do to ensure I will beat my friend in a race with his Acura TL-S?

What type of race is this?

We talking about a drag style race in a straight line?

If so, just put the pedal down and watch him grow smaller and smaller in your rearview mirror.

I've driven the TL-S... it doesn't stand a chance in that type of race.

Yeah it's for a simple straight line race. That guy has always had faster cars than me, till now. Just wanted to make sure I really beat him bad so I have all the bragging rights afterwards ;)

Yeah, neutral-drops are just a bad idea unless you are trying to make the longest burnout for an IS350. Better yet, you should avoid the death-drop too. I think that is when you are rolling backwards and then you hit the gas and slam it into drive. Just bad, bad, bad.

on the R&T comparison (February 07?) in which they obtained a 4.9 sec in the 0-60 MPH with the IS their recommendation was:

leave traction control on (otherwise you will have a ton of wheel spin) and turn ect ON.

The power brake to about 2500 rpm or perhaps 3000 and just take the foot of the brake and let the car do the rest.

It worked for me against a 335.

In our first try my friend disabled his traction control and i left him in the dust of his own spinning wheels...!

I told him to leave the trc control on and in the second try I was faster than him for the first 200 yds and he started passing me after that....