Telios Wheels

just picked up new ls460 (b/B). I also ordered the telios wheels ($1995) but have the option of not taking them if i do not like them. the dealer wants $148 per tire for the sensor fit kit (used for tire monitoring). does this seem right?

Thats probably about right.

I'm on the fence about the telios wheels. I like them better than the standard wheels, but the black chrome finish kinda always looks dirty to me...

thanks.

i am not a big fan of the std wheels. you would think for 73k they would provide a better wheel.

i should see the telios wheels on friday. if they look better than the std...i will get them.

thanks again for validation on the sensor price.

Lexus has never designed really good looking wheels on any of their models...

Let me know what you think of them, I can't decide whether to order them or not when I buy.

Lexus has never designed really good looking wheels on any of their models...

We think the chrome version of the "standard" wheels look great on a silver car. And they cost much less than the Telios wheels at our dealer.

Silver Bullitt

there are a phew designs from lexus that i like. the GS450h has nice ones, as will the future LS600hl. I think if they provided a "graphite" finish like they did with the RX rims with the performance package they would look better.

we saw the wheels today. from a distance they look incredibly sharp. it was everyone's opinion that they were very sharp but would only work with the black, silver and one other color (don't remember what they said).

when you get close, you can see the metallic look of the wheels. again, on the black, they will be a natural.

the car will get them done next week. when done, i will post pics.

one last question, where did the chrome wheels come from?

thanks

one last question, where did the chrome wheels come from?

The dealer (Stevenson Lexus in Lakewood [Denver area]) had them in stock and installed them before we picked up the car. I don't know if the wheels are from Lexus or after market or chromed locally. I had a '94 Seville STS that had chromed stock wheels and they were done by a chrome plating shop in Grand Junction, CO. I had to get a replacement center cap for one and I had to call the chrome shop to get it.

Silver Bullitt

They must be chromed aftermarket, Lexus doesn't allow aftermarket wheel companies to use their logo.

Yes, that is exactly what my salesperson told me. I bought my chrome wheels from a dealer in the Houston area. But was later on kinda $issed at the blank center caps as they had failed to tell me at the time of sale that the wheels came with :pirate: el-cheapo generic center caps. I ended up buying OEM chrome ones on e-bay. I like the way the chrome wheels now look.

• 2 weeks later...