New Is 250 Rwd Owner

Hello everyone,

My name is Luis. I live in Toa Alta, PR. I bought a new 07 IS250 last week (Jun 7).

I paid $40,500 USD (tax included) for the car, which has these options:

None - BASE MODEL

Taxes in PR are about 26% (tax + luxury tax = it really sucks!!!) :censored:

Mine is a Starfire Pearl with black leather.

Hope I will learn a lot in here from you guys!!!

Possible MODS: Spoiler & HIDS

Local link: Lexus de Puerto Rico

Photos:

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

Hello everyone,

My name is Luis. I live in Toa Alta, PR. I bought a new 07 IS250 last week (Jun 7).

I paid $40,500 (tax included) for the car, which has these options:

None - BASE MODEL

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car.

The price you paid seems a little steep, especially for a base car with no options. I assume the sticker price is about the same as on the mainland. I don't know how negotiating for a car works in PR, but up here it wouldn't be unusual for a dealer to knock off several thousand $$ off the sticker price. Doesn't matter though - you are the proud owner of a great vehicle which will give you many years of driving pleasure...

And wow, what's with the 26% tax? You don't pay any federal income tax in PR, right? Is that how the government gets its money, by taxing the s**t out of everything you purchase? You're right - it does really suck!

YES!... the problem here in the island is also that we only have one single dealer for luxury vehicles. Lexus just one, BMW just one, MB just one, Jaguar you bet; just one.

So, if you like it you have to pay what they ask for it.

The IS350 starts at $54K with a couple of options and if you want the LS460 then you have to pay $118K!!!

I know it is a great car and with these prices you won't see one on every corner around here.

-L.

YES!... the problem here in the island is also that we only have one single dealer for luxury vehicles. Lexus just one, BMW just one, MB just one, Jaguar you bet; just one.

The IS350 starts at $54K with a couple of options and if you want the LS460 then you have to pay $118K!!!

I know it is a great car and with these prices you won't see one on every corner around here.

-L.

Would it be cheaper to buy the car on the mainland and have it shipped to PR? If it costs $5000 to ship from say, Miami to a Puerto Rican port you would still be way ahead since a well-equipped IS 350 up here would run about $41,000 (before discounts). There is free movement of goods between the mainland and PR, isn't there?

Sure sounds like the luxury car dealers down there really like to stick it to the buyer...

-L.

Would it be cheaper to buy the car on the mainland and have it shipped to PR? If it costs $5000 to ship from say, Miami to a Puerto Rican port you would still be way ahead since a well-equipped IS 350 up here would run about $41,000 (before discounts). There is free movement of goods between the mainland and PR, isn't there?

Sure sounds like the luxury car dealers down there really like to stick it to the buyer...

I try that with a dealer at Jacksonville (our nearest US port), the problem is that the tax rate for a personal transaction like this is higher for individuals, Ex. $7.5K USD for the IS250 dealer tax vs. $11K for the same car if you aren't a dealer. This is a Gov. strategy to protect the dealer bussiness. And dealers take advantage of this cause they know you will have to pay like $42K if you bring the car from the states by yourself. This is not the same scenario if you buy a Toyota, Honda or GM; dealers will fight for your bussiness because there are plenty of them around the island.

L.

Hello everyone,

I paid $40,500 USD (tax included) for the car, which has these options:

None - BASE MODEL

Hi Luis, I live in San Francisco and I bought my 2007 IS250 back in Dec 1st or the 2nd in 2006. I got the other white and it's called Glacier Frost Mica with black.

-Premium Package

-lip spoiler

-18" wheel

-NAVI

-HID

including tax and everything. My OTD price was like $35,250 =) 26% tax...that really sucks. that kills the deal

I hope that you are enjoying your ride.