93ls -- Suddenly Sound From Sub Only. Pioneer Factory Unit W/cd Chang

Everything worked fine one day and the next day the sub was the only channel with sound. I have pretty much ruled out a short due to water because we have been in a drought with no rain (or car washes) for weeks.

I assume this is either a problem with the amp for the 4 main channels or an output problem within the preamp section of the head unit.

Is the sub a separate amp? Where is the main 4-ch amp? Head unit or elsewhere?

Any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks

It sounds like the amp, The sub has it's own amp and that is why it is working. If you need an amp for your LS let me know and I will get one for you.

Thanks for the response. Where is the main 4-channel amp located on my 93 LS (non-Nakamichi)? I assume by your comment that it is not integral to the head unit. I figure I had better check for water or loose connections before buying a replacement.

What would working replacement amp cost?

TIA

In the trunk, Passenger side rear wheel well. I'll look into it for you. Hold tight.:cheers:

OK, thanks.

If it is under the CD changer bracket, I think I can get a look at the area tonight and make sure there are no water or loose connection problems.

Let me know what you come up with. :whistles: