Recently Bought My 1st Lexus

Defg926

Newbie here.......I recently bought a 2000 ES300 from a local car dealer, sadly though they sold me the car with only the valet key! So I know you need to reflash and buy a new remote master key. But where can I do this in San Diego?? I called the local lexus dealers and they all say that I have to replace the computer and that it is big bucks. I have tried some online places (Ebay) and they all say you have to have the master key to reprogram a new key. Streetkeys.com just keeps saying there is no place in my town to have it done. Does any body out there know how or where to get a new remote master key for a 2000 ES300 at a decent price? Thank you in advance

G. :cheers:

Newbie here.......I recently bought a 2000 ES300 from a local car dealer, sadly though they sold me the car with only the valet key! So I know you need to reflash and buy a new remote master key. But where can I do this in San Diego?? I called the local lexus dealers and they all say that I have to replace the computer and that it is big bucks. I have tried some online places (Ebay) and they all say you have to have the master key to reprogram a new key. Streetkeys.com just keeps saying there is no place in my town to have it done. Does any body out there know how or where to get a new remote master key for a 2000 ES300 at a decent price? Thank you in advance

G.:cheers:

In light of your other thread, which won't win you too much help around here by the way... we don't work for you, have no obligation to help you, and quite frankly, you posted this question just a two days ago. There might be that one guy who knows the answer and is willing to help, but hasn't signed on in a few days.

You've posted this in the wrong section of the site. You need to post this in the ES section with the other ES owners. Most people don't come to this section to answer car questions, but rather to chat about other stuff. This is our sanctuary to escape the sometimes redundant "this doesn't work, what's wrong" stuff.

But, answer me this question; you said you bought the car from a local car dealer. Was it a Lexus dealership? If so, I would think they would go the extra mile to assist you. They're good about customer satisfaction, and selling one of their own badges without the keys to enjoy it, is very very very rare, and probably an oversight on their part. But if you bought it from some other dealer, then your option is to either press that dealer to get the keys from the original owner "if it was a trade in", try and get them to share the cost to get the keys, or simply realize that you're in a corner, put there under the "buyer beware" theory. Yes, it is expensive if you have to replace the system. You can save a little money by buying a master set of keys from the online vendors, usually listed on www.parts.com.

I understand your frustration, but if I may offer a piece of advice; don't take it out on us. We're here to help, not hurt. And it's a voluntary service, not a requirement.

Wish I could help.... San Diego is unknown territory to me (and mabe the same is true for others, hence no responses). Give the forum a chance..... you only placed one post....

I got my Lexus about 4 weeks ago & the dealer only had 1 of the remote keys. I made the dealer handle it, otherwise no deal. Did you know you were only getting 1 valet key before you signed the papers or did they not disclose this to you? If they did not disclose that, you need to go back to the dealer & tell them to handle it.