Wiper Fluid Levelalarm

heaslede

My 1999 Lexus 400 shows a red light and written 'LOW LEVEL ' warning message for the wiper fluid reservoir.. The reservoir is not and was not low. My nearest dealer is 100 mile from our home and I would like to know if there is a simple way to disable the warning system for that device only. I really don't need that alarm / warning repaired, but, the alarm light and message is annoying.

You should be able to see it if you look down the tube, maybe with a flashlight.

I know though, the light and warning chime are REALLY annoying. Why they need a chime I couldnt tell you...

My guess is though that the sensor is probably bad. Have you tried adding more fluid to see if it'll go down, even though its not empty?

Thanks for the suggestion. I filled the container to the top-----no change in warning--still on . Also used flashlight to sight down inside and outside the container and could see nothing that appeared to be a sensor or receiver plug. I guess I will just live with it for a month or so untill I get back to Sarasota. Thanks for your ideas.