New Owner Of Is350

Just got my black on black IS350 3 weeks ago and I had some questions regarding the keyless key and other things about the car:

1. If the car is started and the key is in your pocket and you leave the car to go upstairs to your house, will the car automatically stop running after several minutes, or can someone still drive off with the car since the car is started?

2. Is there a way to program the car to lock automatically after several minutes if you forget to lock the car by the alarm or the door handle button?

3. What is the best intake and exhaust combo to give greatest additional horsepower? I was thinking of getting K&N short intake combined with HKS exhaust...suggestions?

4. With the bluetooth phone, is there a way to get caller id displayed on the screen when a person calls? All that is displayed is "not supported" when a person calls...

Congratz and welcome to the forum

1) If you leave with the car on, a buzzer will ring telling you the key is out of range. the car however, WILL NOT shut off and someone can drive it elsewhere. However, when they turn off the car by pushing the start button, they will not be able to turn it on.

2) Rumor has it that if the key is a certain X number of feet away for a long time, it will lock. However, i think its just a rumor and i dont think there is this option. Check out your online at lexus.com Owners section for the list of Personalizable options for you.

3) Honestly, you will get like 3 horses from the intake and another maybe 2 from the exhaust. lol

4) Somebody mentioend this. In your phonebook, check if you phone numbers have a 1 in front of the area code. You have to enter phone numbers in the car phonebook with 1(XXX)-xxx-xxxx so that it can recognize it. Hope this helps.

I just found out about something else with the whole bluetooth phone...in the speed dial I have 1 entry on slot #6, though I cannot delete it. When entering the speed dial option, it states 17/17 are free, though 1 entry is already entered and I cannot delete it somehow...any thoughts on how to just hard reset the whole phonebook and speed dial thing?

Just got my black on black IS350 3 weeks ago and I had some questions regarding the keyless key and other things about the car:

1. If the car is started and the key is in your pocket and you leave the car to go upstairs to your house, will the car automatically stop running after several minutes, or can someone still drive off with the car since the car is started?

2. Is there a way to program the car to lock automatically after several minutes if you forget to lock the car by the alarm or the door handle button?

3. What is the best intake and exhaust combo to give greatest additional horsepower? I was thinking of getting K&N short intake combined with HKS exhaust...suggestions?

4. With the bluetooth phone, is there a way to get caller id displayed on the screen when a person calls? All that is displayed is "not supported" when a person calls...

1. no the car will not automatically turn off, my husband has walked into our back yard and left the car running in the drive way. Now, I don't think that the car can get miles from you and the key though, but I have not tried that one yet...

2. Yes you can program your car to automatically lock the car for you, see your 100 lb owners manual.

3. I looked at the HKS exhaust, I eventually wound up with the GReddy, love it. Can't answer the rest for you, don't plan to do CAI, car is fast enough for me as it is.

4. I have a phone number for a person who knows the NAV in and out, I can see if I can get the answer for you, or I will pm the number to you when I get it out of my car.

Congratulations on your purchase... hope you love yours as much as I love mine!!!

I still can't seem to get the caller ID working, it still states "not supported" when someone calls. I have all my phonebook number in the car with 1+ the area code and the number...still no luck. Anyone can help...thanks.

I still can't seem to get the caller ID working, it still states "not supported" when someone calls. I have all my phonebook number in the car with 1+ the area code and the number...still no luck. Anyone can help...thanks.

http://www3.lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/

See if that function is supported on your phone by looking at the Quick Guide Pairing Instructions.